Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
OK geniuses, who can crack this mystery. When I plug my 5s into my Tacoma via USB cable, it automatically starts playing, which I’ve never been able to stop from happening. Any advice?

The bigger mystery, however, is that blasted music app And how it handles streaming music. I have only 10 songs downloaded on my iPhone, according to Settings. But somehow, even with my phone put into airplane mode, it starts to play albums I’ve bought that are not shown as downloaded.

To repeat, I plug in my phone to charge, I select auxiliary/USB input in order to play a podcast, however, I’m hijacked and songs via the Music app start playing, I notice it’s something not downloaded onto the phone, so out of curiosity I turn on airplane mode, but I can still keep advancing and selecting different songs I bought from iTunes long ago. I can set my phone to airplane mode, and then keep switching around and playing new songs. Settings show only 10 songs on the phone, none of which are the ones I’m able to play.

Apple it just works, RIP once again.

Help?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Auto-play is a legacy feature from the iPod days that Toyota has decided not to remove the their Entune software. I have a Pioneer HU that will play the last app/song/whatever that was playing, closing all audio apps and it won't play anything. Many vehicles have toggle for autoplay in the vehicles audio settings.

If you are turning on AirPlane mode from Control Center it is just turning off cellular. If that is the case it only takes a moment for Music to buffer entire songs for streaming via Wifi from the place you are leaving (your Home for example). If you goto settings > airplane mode > on it will disable all data connections.

Personally, in Settings > Music > Cellular Data I leave "Downloads" set to on and "Streaming" set to off. This way I can still download a song but it won't randomly stream via cellular.

I can't really offer any help because its the Tacos HU and potentially data not actually being shut off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.