Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
If you have a Samsung, their stock app is decent for what it is. I currently use mediamonkey, which syncs to my master iTunes library on my windows laptop.

Reactions: TRDmanAE86

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
Musicolet seems good, but having said that I mangaged to delete the back up of my itunes library some how :(

magicman32

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
Can anyone suggest a good music app for android please, I have been using power amp but would like alternatives.

thanks.
Apologies this isn't helpful at all but I love PowerAmp so much for my local files I never even looked for anything else.

Are you dissatisfied with it?

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
Can anyone suggest a good music app for android please, I have been using power amp but would like alternatives.

thanks.
I would recommend Pixel - Music Player. It looks like a stock app and supports Material You icon theming (which Apple have yet to support) Its £$1.79 to get rid of the ads.

Another one is ZPlayer which looks like it was ripped straight out of Windows Phone, stylised on the old Zune/Metro interface. That also supports Podcast RSS feeds.

vladi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Sony Music Center. It's more than just the player app but it has nice sound enhancement features

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
If you're looking for something to play local files, I'm not sure. But if you want something to play files stored in the cloud, I quite like iBroadcast. It's independent of big tech and is integrated into a lot of platforms. If you want high bitrate streaming its $45/year, but if you're ok with 128 kbs its free.

knirirr

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2016
Oxford

thanks.

I have been using an Android phone for music playing recently, with the Plexamp player. This is excellent and does everything I need.
Of course, it will need a Plex server, and so might not be of use to you if you don't fancy going that route:
I have all my music files on a disk plugged into a Mac Mini at home. These are accessible on the aforementioned Android device, iPhones, web browsers etc. for playing anywhere there's a network connection. Plexamp allows downloading of music if you need to play without streaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.