Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pudge104

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
When a music app was playing and another one was opened, it would stop the music. This had been fixed for a long time and now the issue is back in the newest beta. Is there a way to stop this? Was this reintroduced on purpose?

If I’m playing Apple Music but want to look something up on Spotify, Apple Music stops and I have to go back in and push play again. This happens with all of the music apps now. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

abryant4

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2018
I am having this issue but in my case....when I am connected to Carplay or playing music and I open Instagram or Snapchat, Apple Music stops playing. It even stops playing if I receive a notification from Instagram. I have submitted this issue.

pudge104

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
I am having this issue but in my case....when I am connected to Carplay or playing music and I open Instagram or Snapchat, Apple Music stops playing. It even stops playing if I receive a notification from Instagram. I have submitted this issue.

I am having issue in those circumstances as well. Thanks for submitting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.