Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Hi all

I upgraded to the GM Candidate earlier on in the week and I've found an annoying 'feature' that I can't seem to find how to undo.

If I've got iTunes open and I'm listening to some music, then switch to Safari and play a video, the play/pause button on the keyboard stops the video and not the music in iTunes. Is there anyway to get it to play/pause iTunes like it did in 10.12? Its driving me nuts! I've looked in System preferences and in Safari preferences but can't see anything to stop this happening.

Thanks in advance.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Personally, I LOVE this new feature. Works with the Bluetooth headphones too. It makes perfect sense to me that the keys apply to whatever app is in the foreground.

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Personally, I LOVE this new feature. Works with the Bluetooth headphones too. It makes perfect sense to me that the keys apply to whatever app is in the foreground.
Agreed. I'd be listening to a music video in youtube in Safari with my bluetooth headphones, and then I'd take them off (which triggers a sensor to send a "play/pause" but the music video kept playing and iTunes would open and start playing something too.

It's now much better. For me, anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.