Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I listen to music with my phone and I've noticed on my new XS Max that there is audible buzzy distortion on the right channel when playing music. Its most obvious when playing rock or pop type music but I've also heard it on classical music that is louder. If you set the EQ to "Flat" rather than "Off" it helps somewhat but its still there. I didn't experience this with my iPhone 8 Plus at all. I've tried other headphones (I have Bose SoundTrue, Sennheiser and also Sony) and you can hear it on all of them. I've also tried a new headphone adapter cable (Apple brand) and that didn't help. Has anyone else had this issue? Can I exchange the phone for this defect?

Dld23

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2018
Ohio
I listen to music with my phone and I've noticed on my new XS Max that there is audible buzzy distortion on the right channel when playing music. Its most obvious when playing rock or pop type music but I've also heard it on classical music that is louder. If you set the EQ to "Flat" rather than "Off" it helps somewhat but its still there. I didn't experience this with my iPhone 8 Plus at all. I've tried other headphones (I have Bose SoundTrue, Sennheiser and also Sony) and you can hear it on all of them. I've also tried a new headphone adapter cable (Apple brand) and that didn't help. Has anyone else had this issue? Can I exchange the phone for this defect?

Yeah. Manufacturer warranty for a year contact apple should be first step

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.