Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n4uaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
I was listening to the music app via a Griffin iTrip and decided to make a call. The music stopped as I selected the contact and the phone dialed out. As soon as the other end answered the music started back and I had the conversation and my music in my ear. Anyone else seen this behavior.

DMSWE

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
I was listening to the music app via a Griffin iTrip and decided to make a call. The music stopped as I selected the contact and the phone dialed out. As soon as the other end answered the music started back and I had the conversation and my music in my ear. Anyone else seen this behavior.

I've had that happen to me on a couple of occasions pre-iOS 6. The musik was still playing in the background, only on significantly lower volume. Had it happen both when listen to music and podcast apps, I seem to recall it only happened when I was using Voice Control.

DMSWE

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
Weird thing, but since writing the reply above this have began happen to me a lot.

Same MO every time: while listening to music or a podcast, I begin a call using Voice Control (no Siri). A second or so after the call is accepted, the music/podcast begin to play in the background of the conversation.

It happened enough times that I'm sure there are no involuntary button presses involved. It also happened using three different headsets (original white ones, Creative and Klipsch) so I think it's safe to rule them out.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using a tired old 3GS, never jailbroken, on iOS 6.0.

Chickidy19

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2015
Weird thing, but since writing the reply above this have began happen to me a lot.

Same MO every time: while listening to music or a podcast, I begin a call using Voice Control (no Siri). A second or so after the call is accepted, the music/podcast begin to play in the background of the conversation.

It happened enough times that I'm sure there are no involuntary button presses involved. It also happened using three different headsets (original white ones, Creative and Klipsch) so I think it's safe to rule them out.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using a tired old 3GS, never jailbroken, on iOS 6.0.

Chickidy19

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2015
This is happening to me as well. I don't even have the music app open and I will make a call and the music starts playing. I'm using an iPhone 6! Let me know if you find a solution!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is happening to me as well. I don't even have the music app open and I will make a call and the music starts playing. I'm using an iPhone 6! Let me know if you find a solution!
This is an old iOS 6 thread. You might want to try asking in the iOS 9 (or iOS 8) forum, depending on which iOS version you are running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.