Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ExclusiveMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
Howdy!

I'm new in this world od DJ, i was born in the 80's, and i have a good knowledge of music in general, by reading and study music in the school.

I would like some help of you guys that are in the DJ world, with a good playlist of very good music for parties, i want to impress my friends and i want to be in the center of attention.

If you have some music playlist in Hi-Res (FLAC) or even MP3 that you can share i will be very happy.

Also if you know some good sources from where i can download will be a plus for me.

Thank you in advance and i'm waiting for the best DJ PARTY PLAYLISTS.

We can talk also on private for more details.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
there used to be a great program called "audiogalaxy" that helped with downloading msic,

nowadays for electronic music, you can buy q beatport or similar, where you also can pre-listen to teh tracks.

if you want to impress, you can still go for vinyl ;)!

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Howdy!

I'm new in this world od DJ, i was born in the 80's, and i have a good knowledge of music in general, by reading and study music in the school.

I would like some help of you guys that are in the DJ world, with a good playlist of very good music for parties, i want to impress my friends and i want to be in the center of attention.

If you have some music playlist in Hi-Res (FLAC) or even MP3 that you can share i will be very happy.

Also if you know some good sources from where i can download will be a plus for me.

Thank you in advance and i'm waiting for the best DJ PARTY PLAYLISTS.

We can talk also on private for more details.

So you want to impress others making them think it is your song choices, even though we have no clue what the crowd is like. Then secondly you want us to share the hi resolution files that we pay good money for to build up our collection with you for free. Are you serious?

And also being DJ isn't hitting play on a party playlist...

Good quality sources to purchase and download your own songs are Beatport or hardstyle.com but again it depends on the genre, the audience you playing to etc...

Reactions: MajorFubar

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Also look at Maccie Mixers because in my College DJ times we used a 32 channel Macie to record live bans in out studio we made from old music room that was Hughe! We even recorded a full Orchestra once to on old board live in Air!

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Ex DJ here.
90% of being a party DJ is about knowing your audience.
If you want help choosing software which will help you to organise and queue-up your playlists, that's one thing we can help with.
If you're expecting us to know what songs to play to make you look good and have people calling you the life and soul of your party, well that's your job.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
DJs primarily work for radio stations that host broadcasts, talk shows, and hit shows. They ensure that music recordings and commercials are played on time and engage with audiences through social media.
Ahem, eeeh, nope. Those are Radio DJ's and couldn't be further away from being a DJ ;)

Clubs and Festivals only here and producing own tracks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.