Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garedora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
First off, My ipod touch has been jailbroke and has worked fine till now. Here is the issue. I hooked the touch to another pc with itunes and i didnt hit the cancel sync in time. I recieved an error message that said I tunes cannot read the contents of ipod go to the summary tap and restore to factory settings. Now heres the wierd part. When I open the music tab it says "no content" you can go to itunes to download. I can WinSCP into my ipod and open /private/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music and all of my songs are there. Anyone have a clue on why this is happening or have a fix. I still have all the jailbreak apps but sure hate to start over again.

Garedora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Which jailbreak meathod did you use ?

The first jailbreak that was released. Not the GUI. I had all iphone apps and summerboard and a ton of other apps installed and working. I had the same version of Itunes installed on the pc that I connected to that seemed to cause the issue. I just went ahead and did a restore, installed the windows GUI jailbreak and currently syncing my library now. But would still like to know what the issue might be for future reference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.