Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
OK, so I've made that change and my speakers all still play. I'll keep it like that and see if it makes any difference to my HomePod reliability. Interestingly, I had trouble last night with both the HomePod and Sonos not being cooperative. Maybe all the switching on and off earlier in the day introduced a glitch.

edit - I just noticed this in one of your links:
leading to a new DHCP request and most of the time a failure in negotiation with the speaker.
I've configured my iMac with a manual address so perhaps that's the difference?

edit 2 - turns out my ethernet does disconnect after all, BUT it isn't when I connect a speaker, but rather when I disconnect the last one - watch: AirPlay Test 2. It's 100% repeatable. How odd that the bug would manifest itself differently.

Last edited:

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
The back button has disappeared for me on the latest build. Another issue I found is that the panes on the right side, with lyrics and and playing next, does not shrink the content on the bar that appears when showing search results, so the buttons, to select where the result should be searched for, gets covered by the side pane.

Update:
The back button re-appeared when I closed and re-opened the side panel lol.

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Apple needs to publicly provide procedures for regressing to Mojave for those having severe issues that were foolish enough to upgrade to Catalina despite months of disastrous posts on these many threads.
I certainly haven't and won't. No fixes in site.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
It would be nice if the Apple programmers "cave in" and finally let the filter field persist (stay available) for searching when changing views - ie from albums to songs etc.
Not going to lie. This is probably the one thing that’s still keeping me on iTunes.

Reactions: mikzn

moulderine

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2019
there are still so many stupid bugs and poor design choices, I finally understand the frustration Final Cut users had when Apple botched X pro release. just a complete a joke

DinkThifferent

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
Tonight's the night they're gonna make it happen, i'm so excited! Apple will likely release 10.15.4 tonight at 7PM CET. ? Fixing all of the Music problems and curing Corona!

ignaciobarrena

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2016
Good Morning everyone, hope you are doing alright giving the situation. Since a few days back, I've been having troubles with album artwork not loading in 'For You' tab. 10.15.4 didn't fix it. Any help? I'm very disappointed with the Music app, it feels like an alpha version, it doesn't feel like an Apple app.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-03-25 a las 10.22.24.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-25 a las 10.22.24.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 162

SEmAN

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2017
In the latest update (1.0.4.104), Apple removed the option to download songs from a playlist through the right click menu when viewing the playlist in library! Now I cannot download songs that do not belong to my library in a playlist without adding the songs to my library!!! This makes me also cannot download the entire playlist without viewing it in Apple Music!!!!!

BTW, the search box is missing from the mini-player. Just…why APPLE??!

What's going on Apple?? It seems like with each update they went one step forward and TWO STEPS BACK!!

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Considering that Apple nets substantial profits from iTunes store sales and Music subscriptions, it's difficult to understand why they have released Catalina, causing so many people so much grief with their music processing, (and now I'm seeing problems reported on IOS/iPadOS 13.4), and not fixed the situation. I'm quite comfortable with Mohave and 13.3 until these forums stop telling me my huge music collection,17,000+tracks, is endangered by their "upgrades". It will be interesting to find out what happens with the next "upgrade" after .5.

Schismz

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Search/Filter field, wherefore art thou? Only over on the left producing results I don't want. I'm sure it'll all eventually work again, but man it's annoying.

Reactions: mikzn

spankmaster79

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2020
I actually found that the shortcut to the search field in playlists is now cmd-alt and not cmd-shift anymore. This now opens the mini player in fullscreen mode. And one good news, the filtered search now stays when switching to album or artist view.

But two things that get nerv wrecking is that when you jump to the current track using cmd+l (lowercase L) it jumps to the single album view. Even when using it in a playlist or title view. At least now in album view it keeps the scroll position.

The features I am most missing is the album art in the title view. And to be able to hide the sidebar completely. They could have kept the column browser I never was a fan of.

And the most annoying thing is the speed. I have a large library of 70k titles and searching takes forever. You can watch the characters moving in slow motion while typing.

Reactions: ErikGrim and mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
And one good news, the filtered search now stays when switching to album or artist view.

This does not work for me in Music 1.0.4.104

I wish they would fix this to persist across all views and screens - especially in the Column Browser where I do most searching - as soon as I change to album view or a playlist etc the Filter Field disappears ?

I bailed out of Apple Music (Streaming) and switched to Spotify during the Catalina upgrade - better selection and keeps my "Owned Music" spearate.

mckenziepiping

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2013
The screenshot shows search results in the new Music for Catalina. It does not seem possible to select all those results. I'm trying to put all the results into a playlist, without having to drag and drop each one individually. All the familiar techniques (cmd + A, drag a square across the items, etc) do not work. Does anyone know how to select multiple items with search results?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 14.23.45.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 14.23.45.png
    539 KB · Views: 119

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
The screenshot shows search results in the new Music for Catalina. It does not seem possible to select all those results. I'm trying to put all the results into a playlist, without having to drag and drop each one individually. All the familiar techniques (cmd + A, drag a square across the items, etc) do not work. Does anyone know how to select multiple items with search results?
Got to use filter on your library, not the terrible search
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 12.38.29.png

[automerge]1585363509[/automerge]
Looks like 1.0.4.104 is what we get with Catalina. Shame.

Installing iTunes on Catalina will be the best option for most in my recommendation.

Reactions: tkermit

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
Got to use filter on your library, not the terrible search
View attachment 901839
[automerge]1585363509[/automerge]
Looks like 1.0.4.104 is what we get with Catalina. Shame.

Installing iTunes on Catalina will be the best option for most in my recommendation.

Filter Search has changed in 1.0.4.104 to command-option-F. I have reverted back to iTunes provided by your link. Works great! IMO Apple Music is not for personal music management. Until they add back the functionality that was in iTunes I'll stay with iTunes.

rishi.talreja

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2014
Mumbai, India
Anyone familiar with the new fullscreen (with synchronised lyrics) figured out how to show lyrics that are manually added to the songs?

The issue is for Apple Music tracks, it shows the big lyrics with autoscroll. Great! For other tracks, it doesn't even load lyrics embedded in the local files. Since most of what I listen to is local, it's sad that I cannot use lyrics for >90% of the times even after years of collecting lyrics in those songs!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.