Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

canyelles

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2011
There are definitely improvements in 1.3.6.14

I don't see any of the many bugs fixed but it is definitely snappier.
One of my use cases is moving through multiple tracks making small edits.
Moving from one track to the next is a lot faster. My belief is that they used to rewrite the entire database for each
track edited but it is now definitely improved.
Also converting a bunch of tracks (from say AIFF to Apple Lossless) is a lot faster. This is quite possibly the same fix as above.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
There are definitely improvements in 1.3.6.14

I don't see any of the many bugs fixed but it is definitely snappier.
One of my use cases is moving through multiple tracks making small edits.
Moving from one track to the next is a lot faster. My belief is that they used to rewrite the entire database for each
track edited but it is now definitely improved.
Also converting a bunch of tracks (from say AIFF to Apple Lossless) is a lot faster. This is quite possibly the same fix as above.
I can actually confirm this even in the Sonoma version 1.4.0.98. Navigation and editing is indeed much smoother, even in the Get Info dialogue.

lfaa

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2019
Never mind, I rebooted my mac and this little bug is gone. but still weird thing.

but no, still there: If I reboot my MB, the first time I open Music, everything is fine, and if I close it and open it again, the bug is back. Also no horizontal scrowling subtitle below the main title. What an app. I'm running 13.5.1 now.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
but no, still there: If I reboot my MB, the first time I open Music, everything is fine, and if I close it and open it again, the bug is back. What an app. I'm running 13.5.1 now.

tbh i have no idea what you're describing....you downgraded because of the 1 pixel gap between the art and the line?

lfaa

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2019
tbh i have no idea what you're describing....you downgraded because of the 1 pixel gap between the art and the line?
Sorry if I was unclear. No I didn't downgrade anything. I had the issue with 13.5, upgraded 13.5.1, same issue: the bug isn't predent the first time you launch Music. But when I quit Music and restart it, the bug is back. This pixel is not the only issue: I have some streaming URL that stopped working and the scrolling title doesn't scroll anymore. I'll survive, no pb... but I can't reboot my mac everytime prior of launching Music.

(you are right for that 1pix gap, but I was more worried by the right end of the bar)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.