Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elbartino

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Can someone tell me if this is a feature Im supposed to be able to do? Been trying to get it to work at the Gym my iPhone in the locker (connected to the wifi) While I have my watch on in the gym and listen with my blue tooth headphones. When I select the phone as source I can't seem to get the music to play through the watch ear phones. Just wondering if I'm trying to achieve something its not supposed to do?

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Can someone tell me if this is a feature Im supposed to be able to do? Been trying to get it to work at the Gym my iPhone in the locker (connected to the wifi) While I have my watch on in the gym and listen with my blue tooth headphones. When I select the phone as source I can't seem to get the music to play through the watch ear phones. Just wondering if I'm trying to achieve something its not supposed to do?

You have to sync songs to the Watch, then play those songs off of the Watch. So only songs in the Music app will work.

elbartino

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
You have to sync songs to the Watch, then play those songs off of the Watch. So only songs in the Music app will work.

Thought this was the case as I got that bit to work ok. Would be a good feature for the future if music could be streamed over the same wifi network from phone to watch as its very achievable.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Thought this was the case as I got that bit to work ok. Would be a good feature for the future if music could be streamed over the same wifi network from phone to watch as its very achievable.

Shouldn't be a problem once all the services have their AW apps out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.