Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Russtopher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
Pacific Northwest
Hello

I have quite a bit of music downloaded on my iPhone. I have also made a couple of Playlists to listen to while driving. My question is, can I plug my phone into the laptop (iTunes) and save my playlists in there? My ultimate goal is to be able to put a particular playlist on a flash drive and give to someone else.

Thank you
Russ

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
If it is your music (ripped or purchased), a connection to a Mac should sync back to iTunes/Music (app) and your playlists should sync too. Just connect it, open iTunes or Music and see what happens. If it does import it:
  • You could then drag the music in the playlist onto a Flash drive. If it is not DRM protected, a recipient should be able to play it. This option will probably NOT keep the songs in playlist order. OR
  • You could burn it to a regular CD(s) and then the recipient could play the CD or import it into their music player just like ripping any other CD. This option will keep songs in playlist order but you might fit only 12-20 songs on a single disc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russtopher

Russtopher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
Pacific Northwest
If it is your music (ripped or purchased), a connection to a Mac should synch back to iTunes/Music (app) and your playlists should sync too. Just connect it, open iTunes or Music and see what happens. If it does import it:
  • You could then drag the music in the playlist onto a Flash drive. If it is not DRM protected, a recipient should be able to play it. This option will probably NOT keep the songs in playlist order. OR
  • You could burn it to a regular CD(s) and then the recipient could play the CD or import it into their music player just like ripping any other CD. This option will keep songs in playlist order but you might fit only 12-20 songs on a single disc.

Thank you. I was kinda hoping it would be that easy.

Russ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.