Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawindmg08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any recent notices in the search:

I'm fairly new to Catalina and the new Music app. Just made some purchases from the store and I'm noticing consistent behavior with my new purchases (songs or albums): duplicate files are shown of each track, with a blue cloud icon. It's super annoying because they do play back when clicked, or like if I'm playing a new album in the "Recently Added" view it essentially plays every song twice.

If I sign out of my account they go away. Sign in again and the duplicates return.

I know that if I try to delete these I get the option of "hiding the purchase" but that's really inelegant -- I don't want to hide these items from my purchase history, I just don't want to see these iCloud duplicates in the app. Is there no global way to hide these other than signing out?

FYI I do not subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match. I did do a free trial of Music back in the day and that uploaded a whole bunch of songs to the cloud that is still a nightmare (I have to show only Downloaded Music on my iPhone when I'm away from home, otherwise it starts streaming everything over 4G) but I don't know if that's related. Seems like others have had this issue before (even with iTunes) and I did not see a solution that has worked.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-03 13.15.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-03 13.15.58.png
    75 KB · Views: 260
Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any recent notices in the search:

I'm fairly new to Catalina and the new Music app. Just made some purchases from the store and I'm noticing consistent behavior with my new purchases (songs or albums): duplicate files are shown of each track, with a blue cloud icon. It's super annoying because they do play back when clicked, or like if I'm playing a new album in the "Recently Added" view it essentially plays every song twice.

If I sign out of my account they go away. Sign in again and the duplicates return.

I know that if I try to delete these I get the option of "hiding the purchase" but that's really inelegant -- I don't want to hide these items from my purchase history, I just don't want to see these iCloud duplicates in the app. Is there no global way to hide these other than signing out?

FYI I do not subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match. I did do a free trial of Music back in the day and that uploaded a whole bunch of songs to the cloud that is still a nightmare (I have to show only Downloaded Music on my iPhone when I'm away from home, otherwise it starts streaming everything over 4G) but I don't know if that's related. Seems like others have had this issue before (even with iTunes) and I did not see a solution that has worked.

i would do this:
1 in Music, make sure the left side bar is visible
2 under the Library section make sure Songs is visible
3 in Songs, order all the songs to have the still undownloaded iCloud ones all at the top
4 select all of them and delete them

dawindmg08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Los Angeles
i would do this:
1 in Music, make sure the left side bar is visible
2 under the Library section make sure Songs is visible
3 in Songs, order all the songs to have the still undownloaded iCloud ones all at the top
4 select all of them and delete them

The cloud icons do not show up in list view for the songs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.