Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crayan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
I have AT&T's Unlimited Wearable plan for my Apple Watch Series 3. I tried to stream music over cellular, but it's extremely slow and practically unusable. The Radio app starts to play a station for 0.5 second, then stopped. I clicked "Play" again, it played another 0.5 second and stopped again.
I tried it in several different locations, in the open and indoors, same thing, so it's not a signal issue. The signal has 2 dots out of 4.
If I connect the watch with WIFI, it plays smoothly.
What's you guys' experience with it?

Last edited:

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I have T-Mobile and had no problems listening to the radio app on my watch at the gym on cellular

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I have AT&T's Unlimited Wearable plan for my Apple Watch Series 3. I tried to stream music over cellular, but it's extremely slow and practically unusable. The Radio app starts to play a station for 0.5 second, then stopped. I clicked "Play" again, it played another 0.5 second and stopped again.
I tried it in several different locations, in the open and indoors, same thing, so it's not a signal issue. The signal has 2 dots out of 4.
If I connect the watch with WIFI, it plays smoothly.
What's you guys' experience with it?
Have you tried different stations?

I have T-Mobile with excellent service where I am now at home. I just tried the radio app and the first station I tried was horrible. I could not get a good stream at all. I tried another station and WOW!. It's working great on every station I try now. Sound quality doesn't seem to be so bad either.

jekim

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Cool, thanks.
Can it be a carrier plan issue? Anyone else with AT&T service?

I do and the times I have streamed it has worked great, no issues, pauses etc. Even with 1 or 2 bars on the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.