Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
I was actually having the problem yesterday. I just upgraded to beta 2 and haven’t had a chance to test it yet.

Christoffee

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
UK
I was actually having the problem yesterday. I just upgraded to beta 2 and haven’t had a chance to test it yet.
Ahhh man. So it looks like it’s no fixed.

I did a restore from backup a week ago (11.4) and it was fixed, but it looks like it’s slowly returning.

Thanks for the update.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
On beta 2 now, didn’t gave any studdering on my way to work this morning, but I don’t think I had it constantly before.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
If you're on an older phone with 1 gig of RAM it could be lagging behind just from overusing it (multitasking, playing resource demanding games, etc)

Reactions: Christoffee

Christoffee

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
UK
This was happening on my X.

Beta 2 doesn’t seem to be causing any studdering.
Thank you. Excellent. That is good news.

One of the guys on the Apple forums said that 11.4.1 and 12 seemed to fix it. If you don’t mind, do post if it returns. And also feedback the problem to Apple!;)

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
I have had the stuttering problem with my iPhone X, currently on 11.4. I don't seem to have any issues with 3rd party apps like Pocket Casts , but Apple Music is so bad it's barely usable. Hopefully a fix is included in the 11.4.1 release.

Reactions: Christoffee

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I'm on the latest iOS 11 beta and it happened to me last night. I listen to iTunes a lot when I travel. Seems to be when I start a song after not listening..I use headphones (not sure if or why that would matter)...the "digitized" stuttering and skipping is so annoying. Obviously, some sort of memory management issue...wish they would fix it!

Oh...7+ here with 128 GB (48 gb available)...and these are with songs that are ON my iPhone, not over the cloud.

sollymin

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2018
Australia
I'm on the latest iOS 11 beta and it happened to me last night. I listen to iTunes a lot when I travel. Seems to be when I start a song after not listening..I use headphones (not sure if or why that would matter)...the "digitized" stuttering and skipping is so annoying. Obviously, some sort of memory management issue...wish they would fix it!

Oh...7+ here with 128 GB (48 gb available)...and these are with songs that are ON my iPhone, not over the cloud.

Having the same issue, 7+ 128Gb with around 55gb free, this happens both with local music and downloaded Spotify music. Thinking of putting the 12 beta on my phone to test if this helps anything.

Christoffee

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
UK
Having the same issue, 7+ 128Gb with around 55gb free, this happens both with local music and downloaded Spotify music. Thinking of putting the 12 beta on my phone to test if this helps anything.
From reading about it’s reasonably common across all devices. But hopefully @tjleonard has good news for us all.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Seems like an annoying issue. Luckily i've never experienced it either on my previous 7+ or my current 8+ and I use Apple Music exclusively.

Christoffee

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
UK
Seems like an annoying issue. Luckily i've never experienced it either on my previous 7+ or my current 8+ and I use Apple Music exclusively.
Thanks for the input. So you never getting any stutter at all. Not even when you first start playing?

cigz

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2016
I have an iPhone X and it started stuttering on iOS 12 B2. I didn't have that on iOS11 so i thought that's related only to iOS12 but i can see it's not...

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
i had that problem, then deleted billy joel "moving out" and everything plays fine!
my generation will appreciate this joke!

Reactions: j.dstasio

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
From reading about it’s reasonably common across all devices. But hopefully @tjleonard has good news for us all.
I’ve used Spotify, Apple Music, Sirius XM (streaming), and Podcasts and haven’t heard it with beta 2. I definitely had it in Beta 1 and I had it back around 11.2 or 11.3 for sure. I’d even say I had it for 11.4 (I got used to it to be honest). 12 beta 1 was just HORRIBLE. I’ve been listening for it (because of this threat) and haven’t had it. Keep your fingers crossed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.