Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ubar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
Hi all,

The usual disclaimer - if this topic has been covered elsewhere (I did search) or I should have posted this to a different board (it spans several categories), I apologise!

When I sync Music (v 1.1.5.74 on Big Sur 11.4) to my iPhone 8 (iOS 14.7) it is syncing all songs and not just the new/updated ones. By 'all songs' I mean that they are the playlists and tracks I have selected (I set it up not to sync unticked items), so it hasn't gone completely rogue, just rogue enough to make syncing a PITA. I store over 7,500 tracks on my iPhone (don't judge me) so it takes a fair old while to update.

I miss the days of being able to add a couple of albums to my library and taking a couple of minutes to sync those to my iPhone rather than the hour-ish it takes to sync alllllllll the tracks.

Does anyone have any ideas please? I've looked at the sync settings for the phone and the preferences in Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.