Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddjedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
I've noticed a really annoying "feature" with the music player in iOS 11. If I am half way through listening to a track and then stop for a while (eg when I get to work) when I next plug in my headphones to start listening again, the track I was on has gone back to 0.

This may not sound like a big deal, but most of the music I listen to is live mixes, so if I'm 45 minutes through a mix, I obviously don't want to go back to the beginning a couple of hours later.

This definitely didn't happen in any previous iOS, even days later I could go back to Music and the track position would be remembered. Does anybody know if this is a deliberate addition, and if so can it be disabled?

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
I too have similar issues.

really annoying as 3 hour live set.
get 30 mins in then stop and when go back it back to beginning.

eddjedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
It seems to be getting worse, not only is it now forgetting where in the song it was, but which song was playing at all. This is after a few hours of not using the music app (but using other apps.) Does Apple really consider this acceptable behaviour for a $500+ music player? My 15 year old iRiver can do this.

Attachments

• IMG_5994.png
    IMG_5994.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 114

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It seems to be getting worse, not only is it now forgetting where in the song it was, but which song was playing at all. This is after a few hours of not using the music app (but using other apps.) Does Apple really consider this acceptable behaviour for a $500+ music player? My 15 year old iRiver can do this.
Apple has abandoned their passion and love to music several years ago. Music app is a disaster, removes headphone jack, introduces Apple Music that has a bad library. This list can go on and on.
Btw, I see the same thing as well, although I am using Bluetooth headphone. Sometimes, even when the music is playing, it will stop on its own without me doing anything. Very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.