Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

versacejohn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
I can create a playlist of music videos in iTunes on my Mac and they all play one after another on the computer but when I ask the same playlist to play on Apple TV you have to press play after each one, does anyone know how to make all the playlist play like on the computer?

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
I can create a playlist of music videos in iTunes on my Mac and they all play one after another on the computer but when I ask the same playlist to play on Apple TV you have to press play after each one, does anyone know how to make all the playlist play like on the computer?

We were just chatting about that on here the other day. Unfortunately, you can't. At first I considered it a feature request, but thinking about it further I'd say it's a bug in the software that doesn't allow you to play the entire playlist of videos. Sure wish they'd fix it, I'd love to be able to play an entire playlist of videos as if they were just music (having the video playing on the television is nice when you've got people over).

Sparced

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
I can't believe this. Only now have I just ripped loads of Music DVDs into iTunes. Each chapter/song its on file just like an audio album and all labelled.

This is ridiculous. There are so many complaints when I searched google from when :apple:TV first launched and still nothing has been done about it. "Most Requested Feature" some say.

Huge disappointment, feel embarrassed having to explain to my Dad who I bought a :apple:TV for his Birthday that he can't watch any of his Country vidoes continuously.

Really shocking.

edit: just submitted Feedback hope every else does the same.

direct link www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.