Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleWatchPunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2022
So I have an issue with music synced to my Ultra, music on the watch isn’t listed, and there is an album ”stuck”.

So today I erased both and issue persists (my iPhone 13 Pro had a beta and when I connected my phone to my Mac it prompted me to update -I assumed it was 16.2, but it wasn’t I guess).

Music I sync are in the Watch.app until it syncs then it disappeared, see video. The Muddy Waters album just sits there, if I delete it it comes right back ;-(

Anyone know what’s going on?
Thanks in advance.

AppleWatchPunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2022
Quite a few on here including me have the same or similar issue.

Had it for a while now 😔 Hopefully the more people report it to Apple they may prioritise looking into it sooner.

Well I’m a little relieved I’m not the only one. I appreciate your reply as I have struck out every where ;-/.

I’ll submit this to  Feedback, did I describe it well enough? Regardless how long I’m in this country English is still my 2nd language 😁.

Reactions: Vundu

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
Yeah, I've been surprised that such a glaring bug was not resolved in WatchOS 9.2. Goodness!

bergert

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2008
Some songs will hang and never copy to the watch. Have the same prob w iOS15 and watch3; after buying the waterproof headset for my wife.
These songs will never sync, after hours waiting. I deleted the song, to fix it. Annoying, because it hangs and the rest of the playlist is never copied- you have to constantly check/delete song if it hangs. Me thinks, it is the conversion into some weird encoding for the watch which crashes on the iPhone. And there is no error check, so it crashes= does not copy the remaining songs.

AppleWatchPunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2022
It got crazier. To get around this issue I put my phone in my manager’s office (we’re not allowed to have our phones) so it’s closer to where I sit and play music that’s on my phone and it partially works but… (there’s usually a but ;-}, a good portion of the music -that plays fine on the phone- doesn’t play and instead it starts playing the album that doesn’t sync from phone to watch. (It has that spinner in Watch.app > Music)

It’s not the distance because it does the same as I have the phone in my hand.

Any ideas?

AppleWatchPunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2022
Currently on dev beta iOS 17.2 and watchOS dev beta 10.2.

Listed the issues;

• iPhone 15 Pro on latest dev beta,  Apple WATCH Ultra 2 also on latest dev beta -it has been like this since at least watchOS 9, beta & public release and iOS 16 beta & public release. At that time iPhone 13 Pro, OG Ultra.
  • Not all albums synced to watch are shown in Watch.app > Music.
  • Albums “stuck” in above setting with spinning orange’ish circles, never go away.
  • I had +/- 30 albums “tagged” to sync overnight, only 6 actually showed up on watch this morning.
  • Albums are completely random in order.
  • Starting last night (re-did iPhone and Apple WATCH) all albums have the incorrect album art.
These devices and a company like Apple should be able to fix this, I guess only a couple of people provided feedback to Apple so it’s not a priority.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Currently on dev beta iOS 17.2 and watchOS dev beta 10.2.

Listed the issues;

• iPhone 15 Pro on latest dev beta,  Apple WATCH Ultra 2 also on latest dev beta -it has been like this since at least watchOS 9, beta & public release and iOS 16 beta & public release. At that time iPhone 13 Pro, OG Ultra.
  • Not all albums synced to watch are shown in Watch.app > Music.
  • Albums “stuck” in above setting with spinning orange’ish circles, never go away.
  • I had +/- 30 albums “tagged” to sync overnight, only 6 actually showed up on watch this morning.
  • Albums are completely random in order.
  • Starting last night (re-did iPhone and Apple WATCH) all albums have the incorrect album art.
These devices and a company like Apple should be able to fix this, I guess only a couple of people provided feedback to Apple so it’s not a priority.
The stuck albums problem is very annoying and might be the cause of some of the battery complaints. The only solution I've found is to do all the downloading on the watch directly and not in the Watch app on the iPhone. I suspect that when I download the desired album from the watch it is downloading from Apple Music and not from my library. This is fine but only if you pay for Apple music. I haven't seen any of the other problems listed.

AppleWatchPunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2022
The stuck albums problem is very annoying and might be the cause of some of the battery complaints. The only solution I've found is to do all the downloading on the watch directly and not in the Watch app on the iPhone. I suspect that when I download the desired album from the watch it is downloading from Apple Music and not from my library. This is fine but only if you pay for Apple music. I haven't seen any of the other problems listed.
Thank you, I appreciate the reply. i don’t know of a way to download without the watch app. I’ve had Apple Music a long time ago, we shouldn’t have to get a paid service in order to make this work (maybe they just want to “force” us to get it ;-}. You can actually download directly to watch? I don’t have cellular service on my watch.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Thank you, I appreciate the reply. i don’t know of a way to download without the watch app. I’ve had Apple Music a long time ago, we shouldn’t have to get a paid service in order to make this work (maybe they just want to “force” us to get it ;-}. You can actually download directly to watch? I don’t have cellular service on my watch.
With the music app on the watch go to the track and click the three dots. You should see Download. Should work when connected to your iPhone or when you have a known WiFi connection. For albums, on the album list, slide left to get to the three dots. That will allow you download a whole album.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.