Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
So I posted this earlier in the wrong section, so for those seeing it twice my apologies. So I may by getting a CarPlay radio this week as my stock radio could possibly be on it's way out. Besides the StockWare from Apple, Pandora, Audible, and TuneIn Radio, what other must have apps do people recommend getting?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
So I posted this earlier in the wrong section, so for those seeing it twice my apologies. So I may by getting a CarPlay radio this week as my stock radio could possibly be on it's way out. Besides the StockWare from Apple, Pandora, Audible, and TuneIn Radio, what other must have apps do people recommend getting?

Not a lot of options out there, as Apple locks it down tightly. You’ll find the supported apps at the bottom of this page from Apple Support:

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

From there, its really a matter of your tastes. I.e., do you prefer Maps, Google Maps or Waze as your navigation option?

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
Not a lot of options out there, as Apple locks it down tightly. You’ll find the supported apps at the bottom of this page from Apple Support:

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

From there, its really a matter of your tastes. I.e., do you prefer Maps, Google Maps or Waze as your navigation option?

Thanks, when I saw those for some reason I thought maybe there were others not listed.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
Thanks, when I saw those for some reason I thought maybe there were others not listed.

That's pretty much it,
for obvious reasons, they don't want you paying too much attention to the screen since you should be watching the road.
so no games or video playback.

it's limited to voice calls, messages, navigation, and audio playback.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
That's pretty much it,
for obvious reasons, they don't want you paying too much attention to the screen since you should be watching the road.
so no games or video playback.

it's limited to voice calls, messages, navigation, and audio playback.

Oh I wasn't hoping for video or games. I just wasn't sure if they had too many more audio or navigational apps that weren't listed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.