Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
In regard to the travel part, I'd grab a bag from Waterfield (http://www.sfbags.com).

This looks like a good design...but I don't like how the compartments on the back are open. Do they have any sort of velcro sewn in to keep them closed?

Also, if you add the D Rings...is actually a different design they make with the D rings being sewn in? Or, if I get it with out the D rings...is there a loop of fabric there where I could still attach a strap that already had a hook fastener?

Thanks!

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
If you can find a multi port usb charger you'd be in business. Something like this with a 2.1 port.

I've been on the road weekly since consulting since 96. This little bugger has saved my butt especially when charging in crowded airports.

th.jpg

This gadget It allowed me to ask someone if I could steal their plug then let them and maybe another person join in. (I also carried a 4 small surge protector) So if I needed to I could do the same with my laptop. Also, the plug part comes off and it comes with international adapters. This thing worked great in Australia too.

If you are going to be traveling coast to coast you cant go without a separate battery that will at least do your phone. Even if it is a tiny one that fits on a key chain. As soon as Mophie came out with it I bought their larger battery last year that accommodates charging for an ipad. Keeping your ipad charged is boss because you can start it up in long lines and rebook yourself quickly before tickets run dry. (people trying to start laptops and calling in lose out) This is where 3g/4g is essential. Having to hook up to free wifi can eat up precious time.

I was in Detroit for the blackout and in DC during 9/11. There are just some things I learned you need to make room for. Mine is power for my phone and anything I can use to help me book a flight, room or car rental in an emergency.

I must be a weirdo because I totally don't see the need for a BT keyboard. I can't see any reason to bring a BT keyboard just for typing long emails and documents. I do just fine on my ipad. If I needed a laptop because of the implementation I'd take one. We all know and understand that there are somethings a tablet can't do... and for that they have LogMe In. I use it to kick of processes and such I can't do from my ipad natively.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
i also try to go light and efficient:

epson 1750 powerlite projector
mophie battery pack for iphone
2 6 ft apple charger cords
ipad running keynote
timbuk2 commute 2.0 bag - shorter trips --> saddleback
altec thin speaker --soon to be a dr dre pill
timbuk2 cable zip bags

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.