Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MalagLagoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and a 2015 MacBook Pro (macOS Monterey). I need to mute ONE indivuaul such that I don't hear this "ping" sound coming through my MacBook throughout the day. Initially I muted my entire MacBook Pro Laptop - but found that suboptimal.

Years ago I *somehow* connected text messages from my iPhone7 to my MacBook Pro (nice feature). I know there are green bubbles and blue bubbles and each means something different and each have a different descriptive words - and I'm likely misusing those words. Maybe one group is iPhone and the other group is everything else. I don't know. I forget - or I never knew. To me all of it is - no matter where from - a text message.

Anyway, I think this person has an iPhone - if that matters at all.

I just need to mute that one person. I have my iPhone button set to mute - the problem is that my MacBook also makes a sound when a text message is received - and this is the sound I wish to mute.

It's okay to mute all text messages on my MacBook as well. I just don't know where to go to find these settings - if they exist at all.

I'm at work right now and just need to focus in peace.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.