Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Hello! Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but I'm a bit stuck.

I've got a muxed MPEG2 video file (30 secs, 17MB, 16:9) that I need to get into DVD Studio Pro so it can form part of a 16:9 project.

The file plays fine in Quicktime 7 Pro, and VLC Player, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with it.

Compressor fails, and when I try and export it from Quicktime Pro as a DV Stream I get a completely silent, jerky DV file out of it.

So, how can I convert this muxed MPEG2 into a file that DVD Studio Pro can take? I know that MPEG2 is the DVD standard, but doesn't DVD Studio Pro require the separate m2v and aiff elements, and then muxes it itself?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Zen

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Ah, that looks like it might do the trick.

The file was supplied to me as it is. No idea why it was done as a muxed MPEG2 - I think it might have come off some kind of Tivo-style digital video recorder (the video is an off-air recording) which produces a muxed MPEG2 for burning in something like Toast or Nero (for Windows), which I believe will be able to burn a basic DVD from it.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Edit: I guess MPEG2Works is another app that does the same thing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.