Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marc Tuano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2020
So im upgrading my mid 2012 mac and adding a ssd.

I used CCC to copy my files but got an error so i tried Superduper and it copied completely.

But now each time when the ssd is installed the laptop shuts down while booting.

Any suggestions?

NC_Bulldog

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
Western NC
What version of Catalina were you using to make your clones via CCC and SuperDuper?

Apple introduced a bug in Catalina 10.15.5 which prevented CCC, and I believe SuperDuper, from creating a NEW clone which was bootable. CCC, and I believe SuperDupe, has issued an update to overcome the Apple bug.

Be sure you have the latest version of CCC to make your clone to the SSD. Perhaps then you will be able to boot.

Marc Tuano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2020
What version of Catalina were you using to make your clones via CCC and SuperDuper?

Apple introduced a bug in Catalina 10.15.5 which prevented CCC, and I believe SuperDuper, from creating a NEW clone which was bootable. CCC, and I believe SuperDupe, has issued an update to overcome the Apple bug.

Be sure you have the latest version of CCC to make your clone to the SSD. Perhaps then you will be able to boot.

Catalina 10.15.5 and yes i have new versions of CCC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.