Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
A damn part is on order so the repair status is "on hold" which will delay me getting it back for 1 month. WTF, how is one supposed to work w/o his portable?

I have major sleep issues w/ it. If I close the lid, the MBP would sleep, but if I picked it up or moved it it would wake and not go back to sleep. I don't even know what part they would replace.. perhaps a defective screen cable or the screen itself?

I held out for 3 months and stuck with it, but it's been really bothering me lately so I decided it's time to service it (yeah, service a pretty new $2,800+ "top-of-the-line" laptop).

What a joke, thanks a lot Apple! :(

Anyone want a 17" Macbook Pro? heh...

Foxhound

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2006
Mainstreet, Hell 0666
That sucks

i have had a macbook for about 2 months now and love it more every day.
sorry about your MBP but i too have problems with my macbook i really think that apple lowered the production quality. especially since the macbooks are made by asus now!!!

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
wickedG35 said:
A damn part is on order so the repair status is "on hold" which will delay me getting it back for 1 month. WTF, how is one supposed to work w/o his portable?

I have major sleep issues w/ it. If I close the lid, the MBP would sleep, but if I picked it up or moved it it would wake and not go back to sleep. I don't even know what part they would replace.. perhaps a defective screen cable or the screen itself?

I held out for 3 months and stuck with it, but it's been really bothering me lately so I decided it's time to service it (yeah, service a pretty new $2,800+ "top-of-the-line" laptop).

What a joke, thanks a lot Apple! :(

Anyone want a 17" Macbook Pro? heh...

A little FYI my MacBook was at apple for about 2 weeks because they had to repair the logic board so i would say that is the part on order. its well worth it, i have no wine and my temp stays at 26.. and my MacBook is a 2.0 with 2 gb of ram

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Update:

Still haven't received the MBP back, but I called AppleCare and told me that they are replacing the logic board (which they believe to be the problem). Does this mean that they will also notice any excess thermal paste on the LB? Hopefully the new logic board will have the proper amount of paste applied to the heat sinks so that my MBP will run cooler!

Also, they are replacing the bottom casing to w/ new one + better latch so that the MBP stays shut and doesn't wake up on accident when the lid is closed.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.