Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Several weeks ago, I bought a Microsoft install DVD for Windows 10 at Walmart. I have been a Mac user since 1986, but I have also worked with Windows PCs in the past. Most of my Windows experience were with PCs running Win 8 and Win 10. I have never used Boot Camp or other Windows-on-Mac installations techniques before.

MY CURRENT HARDWARE:
  • Apple iMac 14,3/Late 2013; 21.5-inch 2.9 GHz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD; MacOS 10.12.6 Sierra
  • Logitech MK850 Performance switchable wireless keyboard and mouse with both MacOS and Windows markings

I need this dual-boot setup because I will be using both my usual MacOS apps and some occasional use of Windows (10) apps as well.

Where is the best place to learn about how to correctly install Windows 10 and get up and running via Boot Camp? I am a Lynda.com subscriber, but I do not see anything directly related to this subject on there. Thanks in advance.

Also: how do I shore up my iMac's security for both MacOS and Win10?

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
just run the bootcamp installation - the biggest decision you'll have to make is how to split your drive partition wise. After that it's dead easy. Just select the size and then let it do it's thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.