Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Bought an iPhone 7 (iOS 11.4.1) last Thursday.

This afternoon I connected it to my (10.14.1 Mojave) MacBook Pro 2017 13" TB (with a USB-C dongle) to save a few BLOBS with the ECID in tsschecker. Then hit the update in itunes. It downloaded the iOS which took some time but after that it does the extraction and says preparing phone for update... Then phone screen turns black and it goes to hell from there. Stuck at the screen below.

I'm in a never ending 'waiting for iPhone' status in itunes. My phone won't start and right after apple lopgo it goes to 'connect to itunes' (dfu I guess) screen. I've tried restore and update and manually selecting the signed 12.1 ipsw. Everything is same.

SO far I have seen error codes 21, 4005, 4013. I've tried numerous restarts and my apps are all updated to the latest including itunes.

I just bought this phone. Can anyone please help?

IMG_2242.jpg
Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 10.52.23 PM.png Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 10.22.23 PM.png

Last edited:

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
UPDATE

After 4 hours. I gave my roommate's old PC a try installing iTuens.
It took a while but worked like charm. I can only assume this entire thing happened because of the cable not being plugged in directly to the computer. I guess.

Peace. ✌️

Reactions: Vermifuge
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.