Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rambilt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
I've decided to purchase the Mac mini instead of the Mac Studio with the help of many forum members here. I was really delighted when my old peripherals (monitor, keyboard/mouse) I was using with my Windows PC adapted to Mac mini without any issues. My monitor is an HP m32f FHD and Logitech keyboard/mouse with dongle which worked flawlessly. I was kind of hesitant at first of using my old stuff and was shopping for a 4K monitor and apple keyboard and mouse. Boy, was I glad I didn't and by doing that I saved quite a bit of money.

I guess the 1920 X 1080 was just perfect for my old tired eyes. Many said that 1080P texts are blurry, hard to read but I experienced differently. In my opinion the texts are perfect and crisp enough for my needs for reading internet news, reading and writing emails. Also I like to mention that this Mac mini M2 pro zipped through photo editing with Lightroom classic.

I'm glad I switched to Mac.

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
I've decided to purchase the Mac mini instead of the Mac Studio with the help of many forum members here. I was really delighted when my old peripherals (monitor, keyboard/mouse) I was using with my Windows PC adapted to Mac mini without any issues. My monitor is an HP m32f FHD and Logitech keyboard/mouse with dongle which worked flawlessly. I was kind of hesitant at first of using my old stuff and was shopping for a 4K monitor and apple keyboard and mouse. Boy, was I glad I didn't and by doing that I saved quite a bit of money.

I guess the 1920 X 1080 was just perfect for my old tired eyes. Many said that 1080P texts are blurry, hard to read but I experienced differently. In my opinion the texts are perfect and crisp enough for my needs for reading internet news, reading and writing emails. Also I like to mention that this Mac mini M2 pro zipped through photo editing with Lightroom classic.

I'm glad I switched to Mac.
Great to hear!

Have you checked Displays in System Settings if there is a color profile for your screen there. The last few years, when I've installed a new screen to a mac, it's custom color profile would be automatically installed, but I'd have to manually select it.

Reactions: Rambilt

Rambilt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
Great to hear!

Have you checked Displays in System Settings if there is a color profile for your screen there. The last few years, when I've installed a new screen to a mac, it's custom color profile would be automatically installed, but I'd have to manually select it.
I just now checked and the color profile was automatically selected for my monitor "HP m32f FHD". I didn't have to do anything.

By the way, thank you very much for your advise it saved me quite a bit of money.

v/r

Rick

Teletypewriter

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2021
I have the same configuration on my 2018 mac mini. I love 1080p vs 4K, and the computer doesn’t have to work as hard to push around all those pixels. I now record all my videos in 1080p also.

If you want to treat yourself, think about buying a TCL 32” 1080P TV (Model#32S327) for only $150 at Walmart, to get the same crisp computer picture, but you can also use it to wirelessly view TV, YouTube, Spectrum, HBO Max, etc.

Reactions: Student of Life

Rambilt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
I have the same configuration on my 2018 mac mini. I love 1080p vs 4K, and the computer doesn’t have to work as hard to push around all those pixels. I now record all my videos in 1080p also.

If you want to treat yourself, think about buying a TCL 32” 1080P TV (Model#32S327) for only $150 at Walmart, to get the same crisp computer picture, but you can also use it to wirelessly view TV, YouTube, Spectrum, HBO Max, etc.
I'm good with 1080p and I love my monitor. I do quite a bit of streaming so I don't really need a new tv monitor so I can tuned in to tv but thank you for your suggestions.

v/r

Rick

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Re Mac mini: I hook up my MacBook to my monitor but am thinking about a Mac mini. I mean, is there any point if you have a Mac? What are the benefits of having a Mac mini? Is it just to have everything set up without having to plug your matchbook in every time?

Rambilt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
Re Mac mini: I hook up my MacBook to my monitor but am thinking about a Mac mini. I mean, is there any point if you have a Mac? What are the benefits of having a Mac mini? Is it just to have everything set up without having to plug your matchbook in every time?
Me, having already the monitor, keyboard and mouse it was easy for me to switch to Mac mini so I can easily edit my photos using lightroom classic.

v/r

Rick

Reactions: AVBeatMan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.