Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I had a subscription to Apple Music that I was using Family Sharing to share to my daughter's iPad. I recently canceled the subscription because I got a 6 month trial through Verizon. I guess I did not update the sharing of it to my daughter's iPad and the Mac she uses.

I just received a bill from Apply with my daughter's iCloud account for $9.99 for Apple Music. I'm guessing when she went back on it, it somehow subscribed her? I just requested a refund.

1. How could she have possibly signed up for a subscription?
2. Where can I go to make sure this does not happen again? She uses both an iPad and a Mac.
3. I am not even sure why my credit card is linked to her account. Where can this be removed?

Thanks.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
The following Apple support document may be of help.

Reactions: kat.hayes

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Where are these?
Along with the Apple Support article Apple_Robert posted, you can find those settings in Settings > [Apple ID] > Family > More to Share section. This setting provides controls about what your family members can download and purchase.

Remember too you can find any setting by going to Settings and typing in keyboard in the search bar at the top.

Reactions: kat.hayes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.