Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2prgrm2

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2017
Same exact issue here. Just got new MagSafe AirPod Pros and they won’t hold a connection longer than 1-3 minutes. They even drop off my paired Bluetooth devices menu, and I need to a reset. Issue happens on 15.1 and 15.2 DP1. Has anyone found a fix?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Same exact issue here. Just got new MagSafe AirPod Pros and they won’t hold a connection longer than 1-3 minutes. They even drop off my paired Bluetooth devices menu, and I need to a reset. Issue happens on 15.1 and 15.2 DP1. Has anyone found a fix?
Are you on FW 4B61? No idea if it matters but I believe they ship with 4B52

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
hmmmmm.....

User is not holding phone.....so can't say he is holding the phone wrong.......
Aha...I know!!!!
You're inserting the AirPods wrong!!!!
lol

On a serious note, I'd call that a faulty set and would have it replaced.....it's too new, and too expensive, to be messing with issues like this....

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Same thing with my pair and iPhone X. Just paired the gf’s new AirPods to my phone and the same thing happened. Drops after about a minute of playback.

• Sad
Reactions: brn2prgrm2

Mohacr

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2017
My airpods 3 works well in ios 15.0.1, but i updated my iphone 12 Pro max to 15.1.1 and the issue starts for me, now only works with my iphone 8 plus in ios 13.5

Marinier

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2017
Ukraine, Kharkiv city
Latest firmware for AP3 is 4B66. Can’t say I’ve had any issues though
What about their behaviour while they are 100% charged and are in a closed case? My ones discharge the case by -1% each hour. When I leave the case without headphones it holds its charge, but when I put them in the case drains by -1% per hour holding the headphones themselves at 100% but constantly with a thunder sign (charging sign). I don't know if it is ok and being at 100% should still show that thunder sign for headphones in the case. Looks like headphones are constantly charging. Reset and reconnect didn't help at all(

jakja83

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2010
I just returned a pair of AP Max for the same reason. Kept disconnecting and not being visible in the bluetooth-menu. Had to hard reset them and reconnect only to see them disappear again.

Software issue?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
With all of these issues, both with the long-in-the-tooth AirPods Pro and the newly launched AirPods 3 that Apple does not seem capable of fixing, I am sadly restrained in purchasing either. Paying that price for these pair of pods I must expect fully and flawlessly functioning equipment if I value myself and my money, rather than being a beta testing donkey who paid to be one instead of getting paid to be one.

Apple does this time and again - in a certain light, the MacBook Pro 2016 comes to mind, where I have had the experience of being that donkey. ;)

Reactions: Marinier

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
With all of these issues, both with the long-in-the-tooth AirPods Pro and the newly launched AirPods 3 that Apple does not seem capable of fixing, I am sadly restrained in purchasing either. Paying that price for these pair of pods I must expect fully and flawlessly functioning equipment if I value myself and my money, rather than being a beta testing donkey who paid to be one instead of getting paid to be one.

Apple does this time and again - in a certain light, the MacBook Pro 2016 comes to mind, where I have had the experience of being that donkey. ;)
Why the drama? Buy it if you want it and if it doesn't work right exchange or return it.

Reactions: Snørrbjørg

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Why the drama? Buy it if you want it and if it doesn't work right exchange or return it.

Oh, that never occurred to me. Thank you for this nugget of information.

I have long been in the habit of making informed, calculated purchases where I know what I can expect and whether or not I want to live with what may be expected of the purchase.

It did not occur to me I can not only just throw cash at a product but even waste the time of my life going through the annoyances in software of said product, and then waste more time exchanging the product or returning it. My apologies for annoying you with my drama, but that is how I roll. Glad to not be you.

Davi ko

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2021
I have the same issue with AP3 + iPhone 11 pro max and iOS 15.2 beta4. AP play for ~1m then spontaneously disconnects and disappears from the pairing list in the BT settings. I reported Apple in the feedback application. The bug renders my AP totally useless..

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
AirPods 3 working fine here. Listened to a song without them disconnecting. (15.2 beta 4 on iPhone 13 mini)

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Glad you took my advice! :)

I cannot say this any other way, so here it is: your existence in this world has no meaning or material effect on mine for me to have taken your advice...

Longer version:

...especially when it was not even an advice. What you said was inconsiderate of my geography - you think Apple allows returns all over the world if it does in your part of the world? It was inconsiderate of my time that I value very much, it was inconsiderate of my money that I value very much.

I had said I was restrained in purchasing, I never said I am not going to buy these. And there was and is good reason for it - Apple does not offer trials or returns in my country. So, I cannot simply send it back or take it back and walk off with my money. Some people are experiencing issues with these pods, such as coil whine, which is something that is highly subjective to hearing. So, it is entirely possible that I might be driven mad with it and no-one at the service centre agrees with it. This disconnection issue is a clearer case of "Apple's fault rather than customer" with respect to service center. End result of nuisance issues will be frustration and waste of time writing and talking with higher-ups for an inevitable replacement.

Am I sitting idle in my life? Do I want that drama? Or is buying and returning ad nauseam ad infinitum a way of life for you, to not even be able to see just how much of a waste of time that can be? Do I want that drama as you call my simple thinking about spending my money and valuing both my time and money? What are you on? Who are you and who and what blessed you with the right to call someone else's thinking and reasoning about valuing their time and money as drama? Is valuing money and time drama for you?

Furthermore, you may be having Apple Stores walking distance away from where you are, I do not. I have 70 km to travel to one. No doorstep services. Do I want to spend that time driving, then more time making them see, then come back 70 km, then go again after some days when they get a replacement for me to pick up? What are you thinking? Oh, wait.

If Apple offered doorstep services here, I might have been tempted to pick first and think later, but I am happy with taking decisions after due thought has been afforded.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
What's that in miles?
No matter... here we can return Apple products by post without charge. Where do you live?

About 43.5 miles one way. Roughly 90-100 miles to and fro considering everything.

The numbers are not much at all, time spent in covering it is - about 40 minutes to cover about 35 miles on a blissful highway but another 40 minutes to cover only about 10 miles and reach the Store, plus the time spent there, and same way back. Now, once is okay, but if I am looking at multiple visits, it quickly catapults into a different dimension of time wastage and I do not like to waste time this way. :D

The only thing we can do here is replace products if they have a fault. That, too, ourselves. Dealers offer doorstep deliveries when purchasing products, not for returns - including when purchased directly from Apple Store online.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
What's that in miles?
No matter... here we can return Apple products by post without charge. Where do you live?
He’s not going to tell you so that you can’t check and see if any of his ranting about returns was accurate or not. ?

Short version: He wanted it, and if it doesn't work right, he can exchange or return it, just like you said.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
He’s not going to tell you so that you can’t check and see if any of his ranting about returns was accurate or not. ?

Short version: He wanted it, and if it doesn't work right, he can exchange or return it, just like you said.

Sure, God. You know everything.

And ranting about returns? Are you a daft moron or are you feeling more entitled than usual today behind that keyboard of yours, to think I will spend my time writing about nonsense that does not benefit anyone at all on a public forum? I never give out misinformation or spread lies on the internet for fun. Neither am I the likes of Jack or Zuck who enable misinformation. Why would I rant as you call it, about inability to returns in my country if they did offer returns in my country?

I have made it clear that if they did offer doorstep returns, I might have been that way to buy first and think later because I can rewind my choices. I cannot rewind my choices here, so I have to think. What is your issue with that?

If I want people to know where I live easily, I would put that in my profile. That is irrelevant to the community and the information exchange that goes on here, so I do not put it up. Simple as that.

Apart from my region, I did say everything else that was relevant.

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
That is irrelevant to the community and the information exchange that goes on here, so I do not put it up. Simple as that.
It is very relevant to the question of returns. It's not like if you say "Rwanda" we're going to come hunt you down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.