Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j_blrd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2020
image1 2.png

image1.png
image2.png
image3.png

You might remember me from when I released the watchOS version of Battery Grapher, and Im excited to say that Battery Grapher has finally been ported to iOS!

When my school was closed in February because of covid, I found myself with a lot of free time so I created the watchOS version of Battery Grapher. 6 months later my school is still closed, but Battery Grapher now has an iOS app! The iOS app is free for everyone who bought the watchOS app. I hope you guys like it!

Battery Grapher graphs you historical battery levels and learns your habits to intelligently predict what you future battery levels will be. Future battery level predictions get better the longer you have the app installed! The widget was also developed to use as little battery as possible.

Battery Grapher costs $1.99 upfront, but has no ads or monthly subscriptions and I don’t collect your data. Also this small fee allows me to continue developing the app and add new features!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/battery-grapher-for-watch/id1498632956 I hope it is worth giving a review :)

The app only works with iOS 14 because of some changes Apple made, so I hope you guys can try it out!

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Cool. I’ll check it out. Do you think it would be possible to eventually display the total usage time since the last full CHARGE? I know iOS used to have it build in until iOS 12 (?) and I miss it

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
I haven't heard that apple is opening battery stats for third party app. You sure thats not the same hoax as with many other 'battery apps"?

Reactions: max2

j_blrd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2020
I haven't heard that apple is opening battery stats for third party app. You sure thats not the same hoax as with many other 'battery apps"?
This app doesn't use data on what app uses the most power - the settings app already shows you this. Battery Grapher learns you habits to predict when you device will run out of battery, which the settings app doesn't do.

Reactions: max2

j_blrd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2020
There arent notifications on the iOS app right now (only the watchOS app). It should come in a future update however

Reactions: Sal09

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi @j_blrd

In future updates can you please look into 2 x 2 widget. The max bars that go green is 3 and then it reset. It doesnt complete the full circle.

Thanks

Sal

JupoDupo

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
@j_blrd could you possible add a notification setting for X amount of drain in an hour etc as a warning for a big bit of usage.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
How long before accuracy gets good? Been using it 3 days and accuracy is "Very bad."

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
How long before accuracy gets good? Been using it 3 days and accuracy is "Very bad."

I usually charge my watch whenever I can, I like to keep the charge 80-100% (I have a charger at my work desk, bed, etc.). I found with this app, letting the charge drop to 20-40% helps the accuracy significantly.

BasicGreatGuy is right.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Can the widget be part of a stack? And if it can, does it need to be displayed for it to gather data? Or can another widget in the same stack be displayed?

@j_blrd

r8ders2k

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2009
Been using the app since it first came out. But I don't see it anymore. Anyone know anything about what happened to Battery Grapher...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.