Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joebloogs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2016
Hi I jailbroke my iphone 6S Plus about 2 weeks ago and using it with no problems since until today.I used an online site to jailbreak and it did not ask me my Apple ID..It was all OK until today when I installed a tweak fcalled Signal from Cydia which required a reboot...After reboot my phone acted as if I was setting it up for the first time asking me my Apple ID to proceed..when I put my Apple id it said "Incorrect Aplle ID or wrong Password" I then went on to https://appleid.apple.com/account/home and tried my passwordto find it was not recognized..so I requested a password reset and changed my password.But my phone does not recognize my new password either..It tells me phone is registered to o*****@gmail...my email is o******@gmail..have I lost my phone now? By the way...phone was purchased from ebay as brand new sealed in a box..and I registered it for the first time and been using it for a month now..

joebloogs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2016
update....After i requested a password reset from Apple & logged on to itunes on my PC with the new password the phone unlocked as soon as i connected the USB cable to it..After that i was asked to login to Itunes & App store on the phone which i did..for some strange reason i was asked to login to my email account (used for apple registration) on the phone..which i also did...everything seems OK now..i must say i was ******** bricks for couple of hours..i thought i lost the phone for good!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.