Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I am new to home and just added a camera. It works fine on phone but when I try on my watch(even at home) I can click on the camera but then it says “ unavailable“

I can’t find any info on what to do??

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
My Eufy pan and tilt doesn’t work on my watch using the stock Home app and never has. My 5 Logitech ones all work faultlessly though.

However they all work through the paid for Home+ app from the App Store.

It’s not cheap for an app but it’s superb.

Reactions: Itinj24

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
My Eufy pan and tilt doesn’t work on my watch using the stock Home app and never has. My 5 Logitech ones all work faultlessly though.

However they all work through the paid for Home+ app from the App Store.

It’s not cheap for an app but it’s superb.
Hmm so it’s by camera then. This camera advertised it working on the watch.
I can’t believe Apple let some 3rd party app work over them!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hmm so it’s by camera then. This camera advertised it working on the watch.
I can’t believe Apple let some 3rd party app work over them!
It should work as long as the camera is in HomeKit. Some cameras are, however, finicky. 12 Logitech Circle 2’s and a few of them would stream on the watch while others would show unavailable. They worked better when my phone was in cellular that my home WiFi. I also have a Nest Hello running on a Starling Hub which isn’t an official HomeKit decide and works great on the HomeKit watch app. I think it’s just the HomeKit app on the watch. It’s not very good and very slow.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
It should work as long as the camera is in HomeKit. Some cameras are, however, finicky. 12 Logitech Circle 2’s and a few of them would stream on the watch while others would show unavailable. They worked better when my phone was in cellular that my home WiFi. I also have a Nest Hello running on a Starling Hub which isn’t an official HomeKit decide and works great on the HomeKit watch app. I think it’s just the HomeKit app on the watch. It’s not very good and very slow.
all it shows is unavailable

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Mine do that from time to time as well. Does it do the same when your phone is in both cellular and WiFi?
Yes, it hasn’t worked since installed the camera 3 days ago. Both WiFi and cell

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
In my opinion and experience, HomeKit is becoming more and more unreliable. With failed automations especially location-based ones, devices continuously showing as disconnected. All completely random, or completely unreliable.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
In my opinion and experience, HomeKit is becoming more and more unreliable. With failed automations especially location-based ones, devices continuously showing as disconnected. All completely random, or completely unreliable.
Well that’s not good to hear since I just started to utilize it...

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Well that’s not good to hear since I just started to utilize it...

You might have better luck to me. I just think in its current state, in my experience anyway it’s absolutely atrocious. It doesn’t even border on being reliable when it comes to Geo Fencing automations and scenes.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yes, it hasn’t worked since installed the camera 3 days ago. Both WiFi and cell
Are you at least getting rich notifications on the watch for motion alerts? Try hard rebooting the watch. Press and hold crown and side button at the same time till you see Apple logo. See if that fixes it. I rarely have issues with HomeKit in general but in my opinion, the Watch app has been neglected by Apple. Very laggy and buggy.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Are you at least getting rich notifications on the watch for motion alerts? Try hard rebooting the watch. Press and hold crown and side button at the same time till you see Apple logo. See if that fixes it. I rarely have issues with HomeKit in general but in my opinion, the Watch app has been neglected by Apple. Very laggy and buggy.
I did get some notifications but I changed it to only notify when no one is home now I haven’t had a break in to test. Lol

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
You might have better luck to me. I just think in its current state, in my experience anyway it’s absolutely atrocious. It doesn’t even border on being reliable when it comes to Geo Fencing automations and scenes.
That’s interesting cause I have setup a automation to run at a certain time for all lights and TVs to turn on and have yet to see it work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.