Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
Just got a text from my rep at the AT&T store that said they will only be ordering iPads for shipment tomorrow. None in store. This is the AT&T on 96th st. in Fishers Indiana.

He was going to hold one for me. Oops.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Just got a text from my rep at the AT&T store that said they will only be ordering iPads for shipment tomorrow. None in store. This is the AT&T on 96th st. in Fishers Indiana.

He was going to hold one for me. Oops.

I have a very strange feeling he is unaware of inventory. Maybe? Let us know Friday morning. Assuming this is not some little store or 3rd party contract type place.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
Nope. They were waiting for an inventory count all day. Regional Manager just emailed that there were none - orders only. He texted me so I wouldn't come in looking for one. I want a 128 anyway.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
Will Tmobile sell me one for our AT&T Mobile share plan?

I'll try to order tonight for pickup tomorrow. If that doesn't work I guess I will head to the Astore early tomorrow sometime.

Last edited:

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Will Tmobile sell me one for our AT&T Mobile share plan?

I'll try to order tonight for pickup tomorrow. If that doesn't work I guess I will head to the Astore early tomorrow sometime.

I sure do not know for sure, but I think you just need to go into ATT and get a sim card and add to your ATT share plan.

nemesis4670

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2013
I read in an article that Verizon and I think AT&T was the other one won't have the cellular models of the iPad Air until November 8th.

cmsmithatc

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
I put this in another thread, but my local store told me that they did not get any. Then the manager walked over and said they had just arrived (this was not long before closing) however they only had 16 and 32g.

Manager said that all other would be ordering and would have 24hr ship time. Not sure how reliable the last part was.

VesicpP

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
I called the AT&T store here in NC at about 8pm EST, and the guys said:

"I have no idea, they keep us in the dark. We won't know until tomorrow morning. We're not opening early, don't know if we're getting any, and we currently don't have any. But we are taking orders and I assume you can order on the NEXT program".

romeo0119

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
My local att said they will have them tomorrow, one of the rep told me that he will hold one for me if i get there between 9-10 am tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.