Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chase zhu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2024
I disconnected the power cable during system upgrade and now I can't turn it on. It always black.
(Apple logo shows after the power cable connect)
(It doesn't work by long-pressing top button or digital crown 3s)
Any idea how to fix it? I'm in China so I'm not convenient to US Apple Genius Bar and it's not released in China currently

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
No idea. But out of curiosity, how did you come to disconnect the power cable during such a sensitive operation?

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I disconnected the power cable during system upgrade and now I can't turn it on. It always black.
(Apple logo shows after the power cable connect)
(It doesn't work by long-pressing top button or digital crown 3s)
Any idea how to fix it? I'm in China so I'm not convenient to US Apple Genius Bar and it's not released in China currently

Is “3s” 3 seconds? If so, hold them down for a while. See if it will go to diagnostic mode. That happens when you continue holding the buttons way past the power slider. Seemed like a min. When Indid it.

chase zhu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2024
No idea. But out of curiosity, how did you come to disconnect the power cable during such a sensitive operation?
I took off from my head first. It's black when I took on later. I thought it's powered off so I tried to reboot it by disconnect and connect the power cable.

Reactions: G5isAlive

chase zhu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2024
Is “3s” 3 seconds? If so, hold them down for a while. See if it will go to diagnostic mode. That happens when you continue holding the buttons way past the power slider. Seemed like a min. When Indid it.
It worked! You definitely saved my life!
I used your way entered diagnostic mode. Then I rebooted it and it worked fine! Thank you a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.