Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Got some footage from my school, one of our ruby team playing other schools for a week during the holiday and the other is of our school fashion parade. These will be sold at school (publicity :cool: ) Well anyway its heaps fun and boy its addictive, i should be studying ;)

It proving very difficult to editthough as the footage was shoot all over the place, however i reckon it adds an effect of speed and power. It must be helping my editing skills also :)

However seeing i don't have a superdrive mac (using a 12 inch iBook) i want be able to use iDvd and will have to export it as uncompressed dv.

Well i nagging now, just needed to discuss my addiction :cool:

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
If you're using iDVD 4, use the easter egg to burn a disk image. If you're using iDVD 5, you can burn a disk image straight away, no tricks.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Rod Rod said:
If you're using iDVD 4, use the easter egg to burn a disk image. If you're using iDVD 5, you can burn a disk image straight away, no tricks.

Yeah thanks but the problem is that the school does not use macs. Unless there is a way around that.

Edit: Yes im using iDvd 4 how do i use the easter egg to burn a disk image.

Thanks for your help :)

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
DeSnousa said:
Yeah thanks but the problem is that the school does not use macs. Unless there is a way around that.

Edit: Yes im using iDvd 4 how do i use the easter egg to burn a disk image.

Thanks for your help :)
You're welcome.

I think I saw some how-to somewhere on the web about burning a Mac-created .dmg / .img on a PC. It might have had something to do with converting it to .iso.

The easiest way to get the easter egg is by using Patchburn. It installs two files, one called "Hurz" and the other called "Pfurz," into your Home folder. That enables you to burn disk images from iDVD 4.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Rod Rod.

Another quick question does any one know how to get rid of the wind sound as it was shoot in extremely windy situation.

Thanks again in advance.

PS i have now done 20 min of footage edited. I think its alright seeing the footage was not great and all. After that i plan on adding music to intensify some of the action :D

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
DeSnousa said:
Another quick question does any one know how to get rid of the wind sound as it was shoot in extremely windy situation.
You're welcome. You can't really get rid of the wind (if it's cutting into the sound you want to hear). The best you can do is lower the audio level wherever there's wind so you don't get distorted sound. If you're getting red bars in FCP, it's a signal that you should lower the level at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.