Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mleafd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2014
OK, this may have been covered elsewhere but I am tired of looking...

I constantly remove programs/apps from my phone to make space to take photos, then can only take a few before I get a message that my phone is at capacity again.
My Usage Photos & Camera show a total of 11.0GB used
Camera Roll 10.7GB
Photo Library 286
Photo Stream 0 (turned off)
I have recently restored my phone, upgraded to iOS 7.0 because my camera roll photos are not showing up on my phone but are taking up space.
What should I do? I have all my photo's backed up to my PC as well... and they are all unchecked in iTunes photo's... do I need to delete them from Itunes?
Very frustrated that my phone is FULL.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
If the photos are backed up then what is the issue?? Check them and bring them to ur phone.. If u want to free up space here is a solution... Switch on shared photo stream create a public stream, upload all ur pictures, once they are uploaded, delete the pics from ur phone since they are already backup u won't have any issues.. Now u have ur pictures on the go and u can even free up space...

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
do you take Video too?
Doesn't that fall into the Camera Roll capacity?

HD movies eat up space real quickly

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
do you take Video too?
Doesn't that fall into the Camera Roll capacity?

HD movies eat up space real quickly

Yeah take video too and with iCloud , this videos can be accessed from ur Mac or PC so u can save them if u want in the folder where everything else is

MisterPunchy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
CA
"My trash can is full of trash, and I can't put any more trash in it. So frustrated! What do I do?"
"My closet is stuffed so full of clothes that I can't fit anymore in there. So frustrated! Can't figure out what to do..."

Really?

Delete a bunch of photos, cuz you has too many.

typeadam

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
OP is saying he's at capacity. For all of you suggesting "do [blank] with ALL you photos," let's not forget that Apple didn't include a "Select All" function. And having thousands of photos on my iPhone as well, I sure as hell wouldn't want to select each individual pic.

OP, if you have them backed up, just delete them, erase all data, restore your phone.
Otherwise I'm not sure what you're asking. I mean if you have too much of something and not enough space...well...I mean yeah...:confused:

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I constantly remove programs/apps from my phone to make space to take photos, then can only take a few before I get a message that my phone is at capacity again.
Some apps are very small so you can't just assume that deleting apps will free up a significant amount of space.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
this is why I stopped keeping so many pictures saved. once a week I delete ones I dont't need. Keeping 11GB of pictures in your phone is pretty wild though

you could always transfer them to the pc

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Import your photos into iPhoto, then tell iTunes to sync them from iPhoto back to the phone.

The synced photos are much smaller, and you can still browse all your photos on the phone, and more room will be made for new photos in the camera roll.

You can also choose to only sync certain albums with the phone, so you can reduce the number of photos on the phone as well. Meanwhile your library is safe backed up on your computer.

----------

Everything is somehow different when it's "on a computer".

"My trash can is full of trash, and I can't put any more trash in it. So frustrated! What do I do?"
"My closet is stuffed so full of clothes that I can't fit anymore in there. So frustrated! Can't figure out what to do..."

Really?

Delete a bunch of photos, cuz you has too many.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
OK, this may have been covered elsewhere but I am tired of looking...

My Usage Photos & Camera show a total of 11.0GB used
Camera Roll 10.7GB
Photo Library 286
Photo Stream 0 (turned off)
I have recently restored my phone, upgraded to iOS 7.0 because my camera roll photos are not showing up on my phone but are taking up space.
What should I do? I have all my photo's backed up to my PC as well... and they are all unchecked in iTunes photo's... do I need to delete them from Itunes?
Very frustrated that my phone is FULL.

People, he's just asking how to delete all the photos on his phone - his answer is here (from gigaOM)

http://gigaom.com/2013/08/09/need-m...ckly-delete-all-photos-from-your-camera-roll/

Again access the Usage option under the General section of the Settings app (tap settings -> general -> usage) and tap on Photos & Camera. This time swipe your finger across the Camera Roll item in the list to reveal a Delete button. By clicking on this button you will remove all photos from your iPhone’s Camera Roll. This action is not reversible, so be sure you are willing to delete all photos before you tap on the Delete button.

MAKE SURE you have all your photos on your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.