Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sacear

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
barneygumble said:
I will post a picture of our old dog while i'm here, his name was rusty unfortunatly he was killed by a car, i taught him all sorts of naughty tricks, i have to admit i shed a tear

I am looking at getting myself a Jack Russell, anyone had good bad experiances with them ie smart/stupid, obediant easy to train etc
That is a uniquely awesome looking dog. What is the breed? Looks like Cocker Spaniel and Golden Retriever.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
barneygumble said:
I will post a picture of our old dog while i'm here, his name was rusty unfortunatly he was killed by a car, i taught him all sorts of naughty tricks, i have to admit i shed a tear

I am looking at getting myself a Jack Russell, anyone had good bad experiances with them ie smart/stupid, obediant easy to train etc
JRTs themselves are very smart and energetic dogs. They are pretty hyper, and we kinda gave up on training them (though they do know what we expect of them and when we are happy/mad towards them), though if you have enough patience, it is doable.

If you live in an apartment or do not have a large yard, I would not suggest them. Sometimes, if they do not have anything to do or anywhere to let out there energy, they will let it out onto your furniture. Trust me, my two dogs did it too our furniture...:p

On the whole, I love both of my JRTs and would never give them up for the world. Could answer any questions that you have about them, if you do...

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
sacear said:
That is a uniquely awesome looking dog. What is the breed? Looks like Cocker Spaniel and Golden Retriever.

It's a purebred Cocker Spaniel in Golden Roan colour, he was very smart, except for the fact that he loved catching clods of dirt i threw at him, he would do that all day :)

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
ham_man said:
JRTs themselves are very smart and energetic dogs. They are pretty hyper, and we kinda gave up on training them (though they do know what we expect of them and when we are happy/mad towards them), though if you have enough patience, it is doable.

If you live in an apartment or do not have a large yard, I would not suggest them. Sometimes, if they do not have anything to do or anywhere to let out there energy, they will let it out onto your furniture. Trust me, my two dogs did it too our furniture...:p

On the whole, I love both of my JRTs and would never give them up for the world. Could answer any questions that you have about them, if you do...

I only have small yard 15mx20m but is has almost nothing in it, so i guess a dog would get fairly bored, however there would always be somebody there and i would walk him twice a day, would that be enough to keep him occupied or not

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
barneygumble said:
I only have small yard 15mx20m but is has almost nothing in it, so i guess a dog would get fairly bored, however there would always be somebody there and i would walk him twice a day, would that be enough to keep him occupied or not
That would seemingly be enough to keep the dog occupied, especially if someone is always home. That is about the size of our yard, maybe 5m or so smaller lengthwise, but about the same nevertheless. I would really suggest searching the internet for all the material you can. You could never be too prepared...

Oh, and unless you intend on breeding it, I would get it spayed or neutered. I don't know how a JRT acts when it is in heat (our dogs were fixed) but I can only imagine... :eek:

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
biohazard_6969 said:
here are pics of mine, the one with the bone is mika. she's just a pup. about 4 months old in that pic, 8 months now

the other one is clover she's 8 years in august

they fight soooooooooo much because of the age diff and mika has become the dominant one which is kinda sad for clover :(

hey, cool dogs, are they vizlas(sp?)?

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
my dog

first as a pup and then all grown up spoiled as hell

Attachments

• sid.jpg
    sid.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3598.JPG
    IMG_3598.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 116

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
barneygumble said:
She is so cute is it a weinmariner(spelling?)

yeah, its a weimaraner. good dogs.

not like my sister in laws´rat dog

and its a he, his testicles never dropped down so i can never have his pups
:(

Attachments

• IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 124

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Apple //e said:
yeah, its a weimaraner. good dogs.

not like my sister in laws´rat dog

and its a he, his testicles never dropped down so i can never have his pups
:(

i don't like rat dogs merely becasue i can't see them and am afraid of stepping on them, they also have mean tempers, probably becasue they are so small and possibly scared

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Apple //e said:
his testicles never dropped down so i can never have his pups :(
I would certainly hope not! :eek:

Plus, it's against the law in some countries.

sacear

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
mac_2005 said:
That's some slinger!

My favorite dog on the planet is a Newfie. Her name is Ruby and she lives in Baltimore.

Props to you Ruby!
Yeah, Newfies drool uncontrollably sometimes, but they are so lovable and loving. The friendliest dogs I've ever known. They are great swimmers and great pack dogs.

So if you are in Chicago, then how do you know Ruby in Baltimore?

eazyc10

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2004
A couple pics of Tobey. 1 year and a half old black lab.

Attachments

• 5.12.jpg
    5.12.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00729.jpg
    DSC00729.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00840.jpg
    DSC00840.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 88

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Those are adorable pictures of Tobey. Nice job eazyc10. ;) A very nice looking black Lab. That appears to be a cast on his right leg, what happened?

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
sacear said:
So if you are in Chicago, then how do you know Ruby in Baltimore?

Ruby lives with the parents of a friend of someone I know who grew up in Baltimore. Met Ruby a few years back on a visit.

eazyc10

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2004
wdlove said:
Those are adorable pictures of Tobey. Nice job eazyc10. ;) A very nice looking black Lab. That appears to be a cast on his right leg, what happened?
Thanks.

He had a tumor on his paw and had surgery to take it out. Unfortunately the e-collar proved to be no match with the dog. He broke it a couple days after that pic. But he's fine now! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.