Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
Color Classic
Classic II
SE
eMate 300
PowerMac 6500
Original 128k Mac
Apple 1
Apple IIe
Powerbook 165c
Quadra 610
Quadra 660AV
iBook 2nd Rev Toilet Seat edition

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
blakespot said:
Apple 1? Tell us more.

blakespot
Not much to tell unfortunately. I still haven't built it a case or gotten a cassette system to save the programs so it's essentially useless. However it is a nice piece of equipment to have lying around. I picked it up at a garage sale about ten years ago.

bentley

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2005
if you've got an Apple 1, does that mean it was personally built by Woz?

I didn't really follow that part of Pirates Of Silicon Valley :)

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
bentley said:
if you've got an Apple 1, does that mean it was personally built by Woz?

I didn't really follow that part of Pirates Of Silicon Valley :)
Might have been. It's not like they signed it or anything.

bentley

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2005
bosrs1 said:
Might have been. It's not like they signed it or anything.

it's just in the film you only ever see Woz building the Apple 1 and Steve hanging around the front of the garage.

that's still a pretty cool thing to own. Something built in the garage of the parents of a billionaire!

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
bosrs1 said:
Not much to tell unfortunately. I still haven't built it a case or gotten a cassette system to save the programs so it's essentially useless. However it is a nice piece of equipment to have lying around. I picked it up at a garage sale about ten years ago.

You realize, of course, if it actually is an Apple I, it is worth many thousands of dollars? Even if it was nonfunctional I think it would fetch a small fortune. I recall an Apple I on eBay going for $50,000 or so in the last couple of years.

blakespot

Candyfingered

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2005
blakespot said:
You realize, of course, if it actually is an Apple I, it is worth many thousands of dollars? Even if it was nonfunctional I think it would fetch a small fortune. I recall an Apple I on eBay going for $50,000 or so in the last couple of years.

blakespot
The last one I saw only went for 15,000. The price is depressed on them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.