Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
They're up ALMOST 24/7, for the Apple Corps clan (always recruiting FYI!) but all are encouraged to play. Server name always starts with MacClan.net so sort servers by name. (IP address is "nagromme.zapto.org" but that's not 100% reliable.)

* My UT2004 server always runs something different from the norm: unusual weapons, mutators, maps... whatever I find that seems like a fun change. You never know what you're going to get! It should be set up for rapid auto-downloading of the custom stuff--you shouldn't have to wait much to get in. If you do, please post and tell me what file was taking too long.

I also take requests, so let me know what mutators you like! Right now it's set to Sniper Arena with infinite ammo and Doom-style exploding barrels you can shoot to take out nearby opponents. And I have some bots in there to keep you entertained while you wait for others to join. Suggested gathering time 8PM Pacific, daily.

* My Prey server is the retail version, cycling all maps. You can vote in-game to change the rules as you see fit. Suggested gathering time 7PM Pacific, daily.

(I pick a suggested time since traffic on these games can be low--I figured it might help people find each other. But the servers are up full-time most days.)

Feel free to AIM/iChat me for help getting on the servers... you know my iChat name. (Really, you do.)

Trivia note: both servers are running simultaneously on a first-gen 15" AlBook, without maxing the CPU :)

(I also sometimes host Doom 3 and Halo. I might toss up servers for World of Padman and Battlestar Galactica: BTRL too. But Prey and UT remain my favorites. And Halo--but it can't do a dedi.)

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Good question! Deathmatch right now.

Sometimes Onslaught, CTF, or my favorite: Jailbreak.

I don't think you can search/sort all at once, but you can right-click the server list and choose Open IP Address. Enter nagromme.zapto.org and then, once in the game, save it to your Favorites (using the Esc menu). The Favorite may stop working, and you must then right-click it in edit the IP address back to nagromme.zapto.org. (Doing this fix once should be enough.)

salexsaa

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2007
Prey Opponents

HI NAGROMME, saw your post im looking to play Prey and i can't find a server with people on. checked out your server a few times but no one there, you sure people still playing? 7pm Pacific time.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Yes, people do still play, I see it in the logs :) And occasionally play myself!

That 7pm PDT time is suggested, but that doesn't mean there will always be people there at that time.

The problem sometimes is that multiple people want to play but they see 0 players and nobody joins :) So hop in, wait 10-20 minutes while you do something else, and often a crowd will gather when they see you're in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.