Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
ok well in this picture it will appear that the little triangles have been in the same position too long and when they move the dust outlines them.... that's what it looks like anyway... this has been driving me crazy lately. if i move my mouse some more they will go away. am i the only one?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 249

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
macrlz9 said:
ok well in this picture it will appear that the little triangles have been in the same position too long and when they move the dust outlines them.... that's what it looks like anyway... this has been driving me crazy lately. if i move my mouse some more they will go away. am i the only one?

Strange. Have you used anything like transparentdock? cleardock? tinkertool? cocktail? onyx? If so, what settings have you enabled related to the dock. If not, well, I'm stumped, but you can try repairing permissions.

llama

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Maybe temporarily moving the dock to the left side of the screen and then moving it back to the bottom will shake off the dust, so to speak. Strange problem though, I don't know what it could be...

L

Lau

That's strange you say that, because when I restart my PB, while the blank white screen is up, I have a little battery and airport symbol burned into the top right of my screen. I thought you didn't get that on LCDs. :confused:

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
LCD burning is actually VERY common... but like SummerBreeze said, it "shouldn't" be permanent. Every source i've ever found says its not permanent, but I'm not sure if I really believe that.

kewpid

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2003
I remembering having the same problem. Like Flying llama suggested, I think it has something to do with Transparent Dock.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
kewpid said:
I remembering having the same problem. Like Flying llama suggested, I think it has something to do with Transparent Dock.

What's so great about Transparent Dock? Why don't people just use ClearDock?

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
I experienced crashes with APE on a perfectly sane powerbook, so that's no cleardock for me...

Now, I prefer managing apps using QuickSilver or Terminal.app

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
cleanup said:
What's so great about Transparent Dock? Why don't people just use ClearDock?

Well, now I use ClearDock, but I remember Transparent Dock having a few features I couldn't change from any other program...

llama

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Palad1 said:
lcd burn-in?

On a screenshot?

Wow :p
If it is in the screenshot, then it is likely a programming error.

Artifacts happen when there are driver problems, or some error in Quartz Extreme or one of the other engines Apple is using to speed things up.

Remember somebody posted not long ago about other types of artifacts appearing on their screen. Square drag box type things or something like them sticking around.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Flying Llama said:
Well, now I use ClearDock, but I remember Transparent Dock having a few features I couldn't change from any other program...

llama

I forget exactly what features they are, but Transparent does contain some features that Clear doesn't....and Transparent is a single app/install, whereas Clear requires APE which bus some people.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
is it just me who was thinking about an ipod dock when i read the title??

oh well i guess it was! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.