Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego

Finally took the time and energy to update my office. My main goal was to incorporate the husky workbench - it’s perfect for tech/photo/video gear storage and organization. I also wanted to put up pegboards for quick access to lenses, headphones, tablets, batteries and other things.

Definitely gave me the boost I needed for 2023 to get the creativity/motivation flowing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Looks nice. The drawers to the left look like a tool chest.

Either that, or a metal Bisley flat file. Though my art and design career is (mostly) in the past, I still covet those.

I love the use of the ledge shelf under the pegboards. We got that same IKEA pegboard system for our daughter's bedroom, so I may want to borrow the idea of the ledge shelf below it.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
I love the use of the ledge shelf under the pegboards. We got that same IKEA pegboard system for our daughter's bedroom, so I may want to borrow the idea of the ledge shelf below it.
Definitely think about it. Not only are they super useful, but I think they elevate the pegboards to look more like a custom build. The ones I used are the LACK shelves from IKEA. They don’t hold a ton of weight, I wouldn’t put heavy books on them, but they’re inexpensive and look good.

Reactions: RokinAmerica

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
A bit unconventional for a home office but so useful
Be unconventional.

In the last five years or so, my preferences have swayed towards industrial tech in fashion (the clothes I wear) and the stuff I own (desks, chairs, etc). Not that I can afford so much of each, but I've developed a liking for it.

A workbench being used for something other than envisioned sounds perfect. And if the layout fits with the tools YOU are using then so much the better.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Be unconventional.

In the last five years or so, my preferences have swayed towards industrial tech in fashion (the clothes I wear) and the stuff I own (desks, chairs, etc). Not that I can afford so much of each, but I've developed a liking for it.

A workbench being used for something other than envisioned sounds perfect. And if the layout fits with the tools YOU are using then so much the better.
Appreciate your insight! Thanks!

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.