Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Here's a iPad Pro running a macOS Desktop using Duet and a iPhone 6+ as trackpad.
Just playing with it, it's feels pretty amazing how well this could work if it is turned into a polished Apple product.

Just imagine working in macOS on a document, than detaching the iPad or iPhone and you can just continue working. Ok, maybe detaching the iPhone is a bit of a stretch but having an iPhone sized interactive touchpad with haptic feedback, 3D-touch, Pencil support and similar options as the new TouchBar is probably pretty cool.

I can see why Apple decides to not unify macOS and iOS. Makes perfect sense. But integrating user experience at hardware level is a complete different thing. Apple is continuously integrating the macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS experience. The MacBook Pro shows that there is benefits in integrating these concepts in unique hardware. All it takes is a bit of courage :cool:

If anyone feels like turning this into a Kickstarter project, I'm in!

dreammac.png

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I use the iPhone as the toolbar switcher, the magic trackpad for the interface, and the ipad air 2 as library and documentation that i frequently visit while working almost full screen with the canvas on the imac in front of me.

it's a nice setup, but a hassle at times, only works if the workflow is familiar.. small changes ruin it and slow me down.

But it makes me wish that the magic track pad had a tools bar like the touch bar for apps from adobe.
Just one row..

And it makes me wisht he imac was touch interface like the studio from microosft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.