Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carman1tr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
istanbul, Turkey
Hello.

i upgrade to ios 10 on my iPad Pro 9.7".
After this i start to use it. But the earpods stopped working. (in sound menu when i choose ring tone it works but when i open Youtube or video or music it doesent work)
I formated the tablet using reset on menu. But the earpods still doesent work.

The speakers are working no problem but earpods doesent work :((

Still100

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2011
Hello.

After this i start to use it. But the earpods stopped working. (in sound menu when i choose ring tone it works but when i open Youtube or video or music it doesent work)

The iOS 10 you installed prob thinks you have an iPhone 7.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Hello.

Same problem on an Pro 9.7". Looks like we got beta'd good ;)

Reactions: carman1tr

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
That's what beta testing is for I guess, to find bugs Apple can't find
absolutely. you won't hear me complaining about it. knew what i was doing when i pulled the trigger. i don't think i have any mechanism to report because i'm not actually a dev but I'm sure people who are will encounter and report it

Reactions: jarodlee88

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
i reset to ios 9.3.2 using DFU mode. And i update it to ios 10 again. This time it worked :)

Interesting and thanks for the update. I'm curious; I had the earphones plugged in when I upgraded. Did you have them plugged in the first time but not the second? A bit of a random question, I know.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Just a note to confirm that Erase All Settings cures this issue. Bit of a pain in the butt to put wallpaper etc. back but not the end of the world by any means.

jarodlee88

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2016
Makes you wonder how obvious bugs like this made it through QC. Nobody at Apple uses EarPods or are they all using Bluetooth / lightning headphones already?
It a new OS, it's going to be installed on millions of devices and not all of these devices will have the same bugs. Apple probably only test a few hundred devices and maybe these devices didn't encounter this EarPods issue as these devices would probably have a fresh install of iOS 10 without interference from other factors like third part apps. Anyways, that's basically why Apple introduce developer beta and the public beta.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It a new OS, it's going to be installed on millions of devices and not all of these devices will have the same bugs. Apple probably only test a few hundred devices and maybe these devices didn't encounter this EarPods issue as these devices would probably have a fresh install of iOS 10 without interference from other factors like third part apps. Anyways, that's basically why Apple introduce developer beta and the public beta.

And to add to what you've said. It's a Developer Preview 1. It's really not meant to be fully functioning or void of obvious bugs. It's for developers to get a sense of the new look/features of iOS and get started on their apps to update/write new apps to utilize new features.

Real beta doesn't really start until Developer Preview 3 usually. Usually by then most/all features are finally enabled and bug fixes and tweaks begin.

Bigads

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Here
I was experiencing this problem too, tried a reset all settings which worked.
Went back to listen to music again an hour or so later and it's not working again.
Will detail on feedback website to Apple.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I was experiencing this problem too, tried a reset all settings which worked.
Went back to listen to music again an hour or so later and it's not working again.
Will detail on feedback website to Apple.

Yikes. Mine are still working as of now but it sounds like that could change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.