Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
In Cellular settings, it shows both me and my wife's number on my iPhone 14 Pro. I had to resort making my number the primary, my wife's number the "secondary", and turning her number off. But it still exists on my eSIM. How do I get her number off my account?

I'm presuming if I turned it on as the primary, I would be getting all of her phone calls.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Generally the way most mobile networks work, it’s one active SIM per line, so if that line was living on your phone, it’s probably not on hers. If you turn it on and try calling her number from another phone, whose phone rings? Can you call out with her “line” on your phone or does her phone still work?

eSIM profiles don’t delete on their own when service is removed/canceled/moved to another phone (much like replacing an old physical SIM), so once you determine whose phone actually works with her number, you should be able to do the eSIM transfer function to move her line back to her phone (Settings > Cellular > Add eSIM on hers if she’s on an iPhone, too) or reach out to your carrier to generate a new QR code, push the eSIM profile, or whatever method they set up a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.