Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tdevilsg

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2021
Can confirm that it's relatively heavy. Not enough for marks per say but not comfortable enough for me to want to wear it for more than 45 minutes.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I have a light version of Rosacea skin decease and every time I take off my Quest 3, I also have red marks all over my face.

Reason I can hardly deal with any VR headsets or goggles in general. I constantly find myself trying to re-adjust, in hope that it makes the fit better but not a chance.

mswlogo

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2007
I just went through a fitting. Worst Apple experience ever.

They have no idea what they are doing.

As soon as they put it on, I knew it was not right. It was putting all the weight on the bridge of my nose. He wanted to compensate by aborting the pupil distance auto adjust. Or by pushing it up and tighten it. That is wrong.

It needs to fit your face. They had no idea what direction to get narrower, deeper and what the numbers mean.

I was almost ready to abort the whole thing.

But by random I found a combination that didn’t hurt my nose but you can tell it has to much light leakage on the sides. And without distributing the weight/friction on your face you have to make it tighter and you end up with pressure points quickly.

The strap over the top helps.

Demo was rushed and cut short because of all the sizing issues.

I took it home and was pretty impressed. I have a Quest 3 and it does a lot of things better (including fit/comfort). I had an elite band on quest 2 and just got one for quest 3. AVP needs an elite band. An elite band is rigid all around and doesn’t squeeze your head to fit.

I know I have to go back and get a better fit. But want a genius that isn’t a dope. I won’t keep it unless I get a better fit. I’m 99% sure it could be fitted right.

Ever buy eye glasses and they are not adjusted right. And they will kill your ears quickly. One tweak and you can wear all day. It’s a lot like that.

The AVP is up to 25% heavier than Quest 3.

Now I see why some YouTuber reviews have sores on their noses. They were fitted wrong.

Don’t order by mail until you are fitted.

Tons of confusion on lens too.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I thought there were little fans in the underside to help with airflow AND to act as thrusters to keep the AVP aloft and reduce pressure. However, Apple's PR disclaimer does say that this is an over 21 product because of the side effects it poses to young skin which is unable to handle the weight and can become irritable and produce more acne. Internally known as the Kenneth Brian Edmonds issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.