Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mblazened

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
The Valley
Check this out: fireball

My dad makes his own special FX for his movies... This is him showing off his new toy... Thunderpipe FX

This is NOT a composite... That fireball is real and right outside my bedroom... do not try this at home!

My dad offers free stuff (keyable explosions, fx) on his website. All you amateur filmmakers should check it out: Detonation Films

Peace

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Looks pretty cool. When I saw this thread title I thought it was gonna be about someone's dad buying a Dell or something :rolleyes: (not that that wouldn't be equally insane ;)).

aus_dave

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
That's amazing - what do your neighbours think about the fireballs they see over the back fence? :D

You must have pretty amazing fireworks nights too :eek:.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
mmm....kaboom! your dad is living the dream of pyro's such as myself everywhere. unfortunately, i love my extremeties...so have been forced to avoid explosives of all types.

Mblazened

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
The Valley
aus_dave said:
That's amazing - what do your neighbours think about the fireballs they see over the back fence? :D

You must have pretty amazing fireworks nights too :eek:.

My neighbors like to come over and watch. Every day at my house is the 4th of July...

JRam

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2004
Santa Cruz
Wow, holidays at your house must be insane. Especially halloween and the fourth of july. Not sure why I think halloween is so crazy with the pyrotechnics but dam... those trick or treaters would be in for a surprise if I had half your dads skill/explosives. Id very much like to get ahold of one of those kerosine thingy mo' 'splosives.

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
Wow Awesome, truly Awesome! :) You could make an amazing tribute to the Bladerunner intro.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Great stuff :D

Has he ever had any thing go wrong? That's so serious stuff, and I've worked with a company that blows things up all the time - there have been some near misses.....

D

Mblazened

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
The Valley
Mr. Anderson said:
Great stuff :D

Has he ever had any thing go wrong? That's so serious stuff, and I've worked with a company that blows things up all the time - there have been some near misses.....

D

Yeah, my brother got hit by an explosion and got badly burned on his neck and back. We have footage of that too but I won't be posting it, sorry.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
wow!! crazy, but definitely very cool. :D not to mention fun. :cool:

also, i think i've seen that site before when i was searching for this type of stuff. a good resource. i remember i nearly went nuts when i found that site, with all those stock clips. say thanks to your Dad for me. :D

is that really safe to be doing that so close to the house? wouldn't that just act like a giant blowtorch?

:eek:

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
This is seriously cool, but i can't believe that someone just does this kinda thing in his back yard?!?! I've seen someone running about their garden in the US with a flame thrower (on the internet) i think that may have even been on here. its crazy!!!!! handguns and explosives!! only in the US i tells ya!! nearest i get to this in the UK is stepping on a slug on my garden path! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.