Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I'm seriously loving the idea of "NearPics."

You take a photo of something and it uploads your photo and GPS info to the server. It then lets you see the photos of other users of this service that were standing near where you are.

So, lets say you take a photo of the Disney World castle. You then get to see other photos and you may notice a great spot. “Hey! This guy took a picture over by the duck pond and it looks way better than mine! Let’s do that!”

Or maybe you’re at a famous church somewhere and snap a shot of the church…”Hey, did you know Edgar Allan Poe is buried in the graveyard over there? Let’s go find the grave!”

I hope this becomes popular so that their database is full and can be helpful like this. This is why I'm bringing it to everyone's attention...get it, use it! It's only useful if lots of people use it!

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I would imagine this getting really full of pics of people.

Your in disney world and it pulls up 5million photos of kids sitting around, sticking out thier tongue, hugging mickey, kinda dumb lol

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I would imagine this getting really full of pics of people.

Your in disney world and it pulls up 5million photos of kids sitting around, sticking out thier tongue, hugging mickey, kinda dumb lol

Well, some, yes.

But for the most part, if you're someone who took the time to download the app, learn the app, and pull it up and actually USE it, I'd think you'd be someone who understands what it's for.

Why would someone take the time to launch the app to upload a photo of their kid sticking their tounge out? I'm not saying it WON'T happen, just that it would likely be in the minority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.