Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Wow, I just saw a plug for this over on Touch Arcade... this thing rocks! (I just wish it had a search function!)

http://www.appshopper.com

Mods... delete this thread if if this has been posted 100 times and I just found out about it!

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
Hey guys, how do you do a "Thank You" in these messageboards, I really like this website (2nd favorite to Macrumors) that majordude suggested. I need to give majordude props.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
thanks

search, wishlist with email notifications on price drops etc...

should be coming. maybe some of it this weekend. right now the basic site is up. I'll was going to post a more public announcement once I got some more features in place.

arn

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Well, since you asked... it is like the dodo:

Obsolete.

Move on, AppShopper and others are picking at your bones. Seriously, dude... it sucks (compared to the beasts of the new world). :(

Yeah, I try =]

Could you at least look at it once and a while? =]

Thanks

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Excellent site!! I just added three apps to my phone and I'm pretty picky about what I add.

Bookmarked!

phjo

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
Great website !

Comparing latest appstore activity with the iTunes ordering in different categories (I did look in particular the education category) is edifying to say the least...

I tried to find a logic (in the Appstore) behind updates or new applications appearing on top of the list or not and definitely couldn't...

phjo

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I tried to find a logic behind updates or new applications appearing on top of the list or not and definitely couldn't...

it's just listed in reverse chronological order, as they are found.

in the combined new, both updates and new are mixed together. If you click on "updates" or "new" buttons, it will isolate only those.

arn

phjo

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
No, arn, when I wondered about the order applications appear, this is the AppStore I was talking about, not your website which instead makes perfect sense.

Sorry my post was not clear enough,

Great job, again,

phjo

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Awesome site Arn! Good job! Now I don't have to look around the slow iTunes app store. A+ on the Price Change feature.

BTW, will there be an iPhone/Touch version of MR:Forums? The mobile/wap version is not working very well esp. browsing threads that are several pages deep and also the Latest Headlines link never worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.