Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
So I ordered a new HDD from Apple yesterday and got it today. Where it normally says ACI (Apple Computer, Inc.) on the packing slip it now only says AI (Apple, Inc.). I don't know, it was just interesting I guess... (wow, this is turning into a meaningless thread FAST :eek: )

Umm... anyway, I like the new name. It "fits" better, and is a sign of things to come (I hope! :D )

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
Probably because they now make the :apple: TV, iPods are now really popular, (not only computers like they did in the 80's+) :cool:

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
So I ordered a new HDD from Apple yesterday and got it today. Where it normally says ACI (Apple Computer, Inc.) on the packing slip it now only says AI (Apple, Inc.). I don't know, it was just interesting I guess... (wow, this is turning into a meaningless thread FAST :eek: )

Umm... anyway, I like the new name. It "fits" better, and is a sign of things to come (I hope! :D )

The name change has been known about for a while.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I would guess someone in some thread (or even that real life place) might have noticed already, but it is kind of ironically funny that by dropping the 'Computer' from their name, the acronym becomes a well-known computing term!! :p :D (AI = Artificial Intelligence).

A glimpse of things to come indeed perhaps. Apple robots? Increased personality in the OS?

Or for now, The Steven Spielberg-promoted A.I. video iPod by AI ?! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.